Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2015, 02:01 AM

1,668 posts, read 1,490,145 times

Advertisements

The dog from hell that wouldn't die. Dad's Cocker Spaniel was the most screwed up dog I've ever known. It was fearful. it was unpredictable. It would visciously defend a toy or food. Dad would leave the dog in his van while getting groceries. If someone walked near the van the dog would charge at the window visiously. This was not just barking at a passerby, it was all teeth showing and aggression. It wasn't visious while we were in the van with it. I think it had bitten people but I was carful enough to not get bitten. When I come to visit the dog would come to the door tail down, head down, turn around and **** on the floor or my feet. You could pet her if you were careful but she didn't seem to enjoy it. Her body would stiffen. Dad in his 90's should have been in a better living situation, but where could he go wiith that dog. The dog was old and I hoped dad would out live the dog. Dad died at 96 years old and there was no one but me to take the dog. It was the last thing I could do for my dad was take care of his damb dog. We gave it a good home, put up baby gates to keep in parts of the house with vinyl floors. Once when we brought her home from the vet she saw her big chance and ran into the living room and pissed on the carpet. We had a fenced back yard for her to run in. She was slightly better behaved, with us. Our home is less stressful. Storms or fireworks were a big problem, running and crashing in to things. She lived for several more years. I think she was 17.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs