Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 07:29 AM

22,387 posts, read 29,512,450 times

Advertisements

XOXO for rescuing him!!!! Please report the puppy mill asap and post some pics!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2008, 09:22 AM

1,587 posts, read 7,533,348 times
Good job to you and your frend for getting them. Now hope they can shut em down seeing what comes out of there.

Old 12-10-2008, 10:44 PM

947 posts, read 3,412,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
Poor, poor little dogs.

How can anyone buy dogs from those people? Do they just NOT WANT TO KNOW how the breeder dogs are treated?

How can anyone mistreat one of those tiny little munchkins?
Yup! That is it!!!
People, the people that don't care much to find out, don't want o know. "Ignorance is Bliss" for some that is! They want what they want. Certain breeds whatever! Fashion symbol. A dog is a creature to love not to just "have". Ugh I swear, so People just were born with No hearts!

Old 12-10-2008, 10:50 PM

Keeper,
That is so great that you have resuced two bundles in need. I am sure it will be a bit rough right now, but they are grateful to be loved and cared for in a house! They just do not know any different right now.

Good for you!

Old 12-11-2008, 07:06 AM

482 posts, read 2,420,048 times
Keeper-- I have taken in 2 yorkies that came frome breeders, one was an 8 year old female, she had awful teeth, never been to a vet, I spent a bundle on her and then had to find her a home where she could be the only dog because she would attack my other 2 yorkies if the came near me, she was very needy and I found this disabled woman (home all day)with no pets that always wanted a yorkie, she was so happy to get her, I called to check up after wards for a few years and it worked out great. I still have my other rescue yorkie, she was 1.5 years old and could not breed, had a hernia, she was fine with my other 2 yorkies and it has worked out wonderful, she is now 5.5 years old. I hope this little guy gets healthy and adjusts well. My rescue yorkie gets very scared when it rains and storms, I know she was kept outside in cage and went thru those Florida hurricanes a few years back.

Old 12-11-2008, 10:28 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,491,899 times
Aw, Keeper, you're a good soul .

I know you'll help him become balanced again and regain his confidence...he's a lucky dog .

Old 12-12-2008, 07:05 AM

18,132 posts, read 11,775,427 times
Keeper, You have a heart of gold! When I die, I want to come back as one of your dogs.

Do post a picture.

Old 12-12-2008, 07:15 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,237,337 times
Well, first night he cried and scratched at the bathroom door so much, I gave in and put him in bed with me.. at he is small so he doesn't hog the bed.

He went out this AM and ran around the yard with my other Yorkie. I am having to be really careful with him because he is soooo small and the Gabby the weim is sooooo big she might hurt him without meaning too.

Boomer.. I know it might be a problem especially since my other yorkie is a male and about the same age. Willie is pretty jealous but he seems to ignore Rocky. I know I can find him a home if he doesn't work out here. The Animal Shelter mgr was at my house and told me she had tons of ppl looking for a 'toy' dog. He isn't house broken but he has been going on the pee pads if I put him in the bathroom.

He doesn't seem to drink very much water. I do put water in his food to make it easier to eat.

The female rescued by my friend goes into surgery today to remove tumors. We are hoping they are just fatty tumors. Some are as big as a golf ball.

Old 12-12-2008, 08:16 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,237,337 times
Here a couple of pics. The little bugger wouldn't be still.. I am sure it wasn't the photographer.
Attached Thumbnails
I did it again.. rescued a yorkie from puppy mill-dsc00707.jpg   I did it again.. rescued a yorkie from puppy mill-dsc00714.jpg  

Old 12-12-2008, 11:26 AM

Very Cute!!!

The World need more people like you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs