Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 01:59 PM

2,709 posts, read 6,314,495 times

Advertisements

I have a 7-year-old Sibe. I feed him Nutro's lamb and oatmeal (I think that's what it is) for sensitive tummies. He seems to do pretty well on it. He also eats fresh fruits and veggies -- carrots, lettuce, celery, strawberries, green beans, bell peppers, broccoli, apples. Apples are one of his favorites. I buy the bags o' apples (because the apples are smaller) and give him one every couple days. He bats it around like a ball for a few minutes and then settles down to eat it, core and all. The sound of the knife on the chopping board is a siren call to him; he'll come racing to the kitchen from wherever he is and wait expectantly for his fruits and veg.

I occasionally mix up food and add it to his kibble. He particularly likes it when I add plain yogurt, apple sauce, and plain (unsweetened) oatmeal to his food. (Just be sure to use a little less kibble when you supplement with other food.) Other winners for him are the occasional egg yolk mixed with chopped parsley and a little olive oil. And I add a little ground flax seed to his bowl every day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2008, 02:03 PM

414 posts, read 1,862,575 times
Where are you all finding these A-rated brands? My local Petsmart doesn't carry any of them.

Old 10-02-2008, 02:35 PM

8,309 posts, read 38,774,074 times
A relatively large number of breeders who actually work/race their huskies feed raw. They seem to do particularly well on 65% meaty bone material, 35% organ meat.

Old 10-02-2008, 04:26 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,547,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash330 View Post
Where are you all finding these A-rated brands? My local Petsmart doesn't carry any of them.
Local pet stores are the best source of A rated foods. You can always go to the foods websites and find out if any stores in your area carries them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs