Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 05:19 AM

836 posts, read 3,384,478 times

Advertisements

My dogs eat grass like grazing cows..lol It is funny to watch them..of course they are as big as small pony/baby cow.. (Great Danes)
It is very normal for them to eat grass even my cats eat grass (throwing/gaging it back up is normal too).. like everyone has said it is a way for them to sooth their upset tummy.. So don't fret it.
Just remember don't spray any chemicals in your grass where the doggy plays and eats it can cause serious problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2008, 10:54 AM

1,501 posts, read 5,683,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfeyes View Post
My dogs eat grass like grazing cows..
It is very normal for them to eat grass even my cats eat grass (throwing/gaging it back up is normal too).. like everyone has said it is a way for them to sooth their upset tummy.. So don't fret it.

One would have to be concerned, though, wondering why their tummies are upset so frequently to begin with. I'd especially worry if they're needing to do it like grazing cows.
(Our cat, Pitter, finally stopped gagging and throwing up chronic when we finally wised up and changed her diet to a more healthy-appropriate one as well.)

Old 05-20-2008, 06:52 PM

32 posts, read 133,897 times
Weird , just got an e mail yesterday saying there had been replys to my first comment and there have been 2 pages added, my dog has only done this once so it was probably an upset stomach from the deworming med.

Old 05-20-2008, 08:12 PM

13,931 posts, read 39,323,724 times
You started the thread & since you were not comenting they thought you needed an update. How is your pup doing now?

Old 05-27-2008, 04:58 PM

14,892 posts, read 17,182,682 times
Quote:
My dog just likes to eat grass. Very particular about it. Must be a medium to dark green broad stemmed grass or she won't even consider it.
My dog does this also but he doesn't throw it up. He eats it like potato chips!

Old 05-27-2008, 11:56 PM

5,094 posts, read 12,595,662 times
My dogs have always enjoyed" grazing" on grass too. If their stomach is upset they seem to eat a certain type of grass and yes they then vomit but when they are just out " grazing" they do not vomit. Dash was at a play group the other day and the lawn had just been mowed and he ran around scooping up mouthfulls of the mowed grass. I could not get him to stop but he never vomitied it up which surprized me as he ate so much! People were asking "don't you feed that poor starving boy?" Not that he looks like he is starving rather he just acts the part! Thus I think they eat it for more reasons then just an upset stomachs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs