Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 10:20 AM

8,568 posts, read 18,121,569 times

Advertisements

Dogmama - That's what I was looking for - some way to seal her stubs. Right now we are warming everything to just room temperature. I'll ask the vet about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2013, 03:32 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,237,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
I am waiting for them to discuss this with the vet. I'm the foster.

We aren't talking about ground down, we are talking about teeth ground down to the gumline and the upper canine as well. As for the teeth not being needed to kill, tear kibble, or canned food; since she's not eating food with any lumps, it's an indication she's in pain. She shies away from cold food, even pieces of turkey/chicken/hamburg and seems to have trouble getting even a small nibble of hot dog - as I watch her, she's trying to move things to her back teeth - which indicates at least sensitivity to me.

So while I wait for the vet consult, I would like to help her out. A coating of some kind, some kind of dental glue, something that will stick to her teeth to prevent pain.
Go to your dental aisle, Walmart, Dollar store...where ever. There are some tooth pain gels and some of those items may help temporarily so she can get some food down. I'd check w/ your personal vet and ask if it is problematic to use this daily. I would hand feed her, making sure the food got to her back teeth, warming the food a bit so it isn't chilled. Same w/ water, make it room temp to help. Poor dog

Last edited by JanND; 03-20-2013 at 03:34 PM.. Reason: edit text

Old 03-20-2013, 04:49 PM

3,605 posts, read 9,065,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
Dogmama - That's what I was looking for - some way to seal her stubs. Right now we are warming everything to just room temperature. I'll ask the vet about it.
I hope it can work for her. I used it for a cavity while on vacation, lasted a couple weeks.

Old 10-30-2013, 11:53 AM

Update:

That foster was adopted and is now happily chomping away on kibble and all kinds of table food the kids in the family give her. We found other injuries on her that were obvious signs of her being a bait dog or otherwise abused. Lots of love and snuggles and she became a perfect family dog. She romps with the family's older male dog who dotes on her and greets the children when they get off the school bus.

Old 10-30-2013, 09:14 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,109,116 times
That's awesome news! How were her teeth problems resolved?

Old 10-31-2013, 07:13 AM

I think the stubs just "died" - but she doesn't seem to be having pain. She eats everything according to her foster family. The best part of her adoption is that the folks who adopted her were the family I had asked to take care of her during our week vacation. Their children fell in love with her as did their older male dog.

And I still get to see her!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs