Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 08:00 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,365,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencgr View Post
You know you have a good breeder when they ask you ten times the questions that you ask them. If they really care about where the puppy is going you have found a good one. If they just want your check, run away.

Here is a link to the Malamute parent club.

Finding a Malamute « Alaskan Malamute Club of America

Good luck!!
Very true about the breeder asking questions.

We came close to not getting Rip (hound).

Not that anything was wrong....we had just never had a hound.

They even called our vet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2012, 08:09 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,574,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
Maybe in her area there are Limits to how many dogs! I Didnt say she WAS a horder! But as she said she was turned down by Rescues for Having 3 dogs... So as a Formal Breeder thats a Huge Red Flagg. 3 dogs dont mean a turn down unless there are other issues. ANT Breeder that Loves their pups over Money Will Question WHY!
I am a he by the way. We were turned down by the rescue because our 3 dogs were older, nothing more. They even siad we had excellent references and excellent reference from the vet. I was no able to get a Mal from a breeder because they are just way to expensive for me right now. The cheapest was $800. We ended up with a beautiful 9 week old Siberian Husky from a breeder that was left over after several people didn't show up and lost their deposits thus she went an gave us a decent discount. I'll post a picture later. I still plan of getting a Mal eventually.

There is a picture of him in the picture thread.

Last edited by trlhiker; 09-09-2012 at 08:48 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs