Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 11:45 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,332,487 times

Advertisements

He says he is sorry now but I wonder if he is only sorry he got caught.

Last edited by Sam I Am; 08-30-2012 at 12:11 PM.. Reason: picture removed - possible copyright - per poster
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2012, 12:09 PM

13,429 posts, read 28,837,505 times
I doubt he will ever live it down, as to why he's sorry we may never know. As dispicable as his actions were he was punished within the law, lost a lot of income and imo deserves a second chance to make a living at what he does best. I know I'm in the minority in my thinking but that's my thoughts.
It's also, dog fighting, c*ck fighting inherent in the south always has been, all though not right by any stretch, so I also wonder what he may have been exposed to growing up??

Now if ever again the gloves come off!!

Old 08-30-2012, 12:43 PM

10,419 posts, read 14,665,530 times
Michael Vick is an evil person who isn't fit to live.

But let's not let the football team who employs him or the people who work with him or the "fans" who watch him to go without the severest criticism. Not one of them would be permitted in my home. When I read someone defending him I want to vomit.

Old 08-30-2012, 01:00 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,453,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
Michael Vick is an evil person who isn't fit to live.

But let's not let the football team who employs him or the people who work with him or the "fans" who watch him to go without the severest criticism. Not one of them would be permitted in my home. When I read someone defending him I want to vomit.
Great post.

Old 08-30-2012, 01:07 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,141,027 times
I don't think so. Abusing animals is the lowest of the low.

Old 08-30-2012, 01:21 PM

6,610 posts, read 9,078,498 times
Let's hope he won't ever live it down...yes he served his time and has apologized, but that doesn't mean we should be out there cheering for him again. He's dispicable.

Dogfighting wasn't his only issue. Some people say that he deserves a second chance - he had multiple chances given to him by the Falcons and the city of Atlanta, and this was just the last straw. He stayed in trouble both when he was in Atlanta and at Virginia Tech, and the coaches/administrators covered for him each time. He's a troublemaker, purre and simple.

Last edited by JoeTarheel; 08-30-2012 at 02:37 PM..

Old 08-30-2012, 01:28 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,561,164 times
His actions were atrocious, and he should not live this down.

However, I truly hope he understands what he did and why it was wrong. If he does and spends his life trying to fix what he has done, it will be forgiven in the afterlife.

If he doesn't get it, he will pay for eternity.

Old 08-30-2012, 01:28 PM

6,591 posts, read 24,930,336 times
i for one hope people NEVER EVER let him forget it...
hes a monster and if he hadnt been caught hed still be doing it...
he still oesnt seem to understand WHY what he did was wrong...

in my opinion a punishment should fit a crime, but if i did to him what he did to those dogs, they would put me in the electric chair without a sponge...

Old 08-30-2012, 01:45 PM

9,900 posts, read 14,236,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTarheel View Post
He stayed in trouble both when he was in Atlanta and Virginia Tech, and the coaches/administrators covered for him each time. He's a troublemaker, purre and simple.
Excuse me, what trouble was he in at Virginia Tech?

I think Michael Vick's actions were horrendous. But he was convicted, given the maximum amount of time allowed by law, and served the entire time. Isn't that what we want for people who commit crimes? I don't think it is fair to crucify someone after they have been punished. What more can he do now? He cannot go back in time and not commit the crime. No one is saying you have to like him, and you certainly do not have to root for him; but understand that he has been punished. Currently, my beef is not with Michael Vick, but the lawmakers of Virginia (and any other state) who have not changed the laws so the penalty for these despicable acts is much, much more severe.

Old 08-30-2012, 02:09 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,332,487 times
You know, some have said it was the way he was raised. I don't buy it. Even the most impoverished starving person knows in his heart it is WRONG to hurt an innocent creature- either kid or animal. How does poverty excuse this kind of cruel behavior. he might have been raised without love or caring (I don't know) but taking it out on animals is not how most people deal with that kind of background. I think he was trying to be "Da Man" with his cousins and other relatives and dog fighting was/is accepted as a way to prove masculinity.

While working with abused dogs would be a good start, I think working with the people who accept this kind of behavior as the norm are the ones who need work as well. And why wouldn't a state government try to stop this kind of activity? What reason do they give for refusing to change the laws or deal harshly with those who break the laws already on the books? I can't wrap my mind around this issue. It bothers me on so many levels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs