Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 10:13 AM

6,591 posts, read 24,878,056 times

Advertisements

see the other thing is should we "forget" or "move on"
what happens when our generation just puts it behind us and everyone moves on and stopps talking about it...whats to stop him from then repeating his actions if he isnt truly sorry or hasnt actually learnt from his past...
if he took pleasure in torturing dogs (which he did, he wasnt making money torturing the animals) then to me thats an emntal issue that hasnt been adressed, and right now while people are WAITING for hi to screw up hes going to be constantly checking himself not to fall back into that behaviour...
but should the smoke and fire die down and people stop realy caring about what he did, assuming his enjoyment of tortuging those animals WAS a metntal imbalance (nd again NORMAL mentally healthy people do not hang, sufocate and electrocute helpless animals jsut because they can) then theres NOTHING at that point preventing him from falling back into that...

also by just simply "moving on" while we wouldt be directly teaching the next generation that these actions are "ok" we would be allowing them to "forget"

instead i think 1: the man needs to seek medical help for whatever it was that made him find enjoyment in causing those dogs pain...
2: more attention NEEDS to be brought to the plight of fighiting dogs and roosters...yeah we know its illegal, but we DONT hear about the latest **** fighting ring bust, or dog fighting ring seizure ect...
that is one thing Bumpus IS correct about, had he NOT been a football star...we wouldnt have even heard about this horror and THAT to me is why we shoudlnt just MOVE on...

More needs to be done to publicize the horrors of these thigns going on every day...

same goes for drug use and drink driving...unless its some celebrity its local news if your lucky and just passed off as another "thing" instead of truly trying to adress these issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2012, 12:18 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,147,247 times
This is the picture I originally included with my OP but I had mod take it down cause I thought it was copyrighted. Now I learn I can post a link so here it is.
Very apropos.

Wall Photos | Facebook

Old 09-03-2012, 01:39 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,395,509 times
Not in my book. There is something really wrong, with a person who enjoys dog fights. You can't fix an anti social personality disorder. Only catch them and lock them up. He probably is only sorry he got caught.

Old 09-03-2012, 04:28 PM

18,736 posts, read 33,430,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyersmom View Post
I will never respect him. I will never forgive him. he is a bad bad man who should not be getting a chance to do what he loves--playing football. With that said, I saw this the other day after the NE and Philly pre-season game when he got hit pretty hard and it made me smile.
Great montage! How can I put it on FB, or is that where you found it?
I don't care about tax evasion, and think the authorities nailed him on that like they nailed Al Capone. Yes, maybe dogfighting and other ugliness was a "normal" part of Vick's background. But what kind of man puts his hands on an animal and hurts/tortures/kills it and sees and hears its agony? That is what he can never live down because there's no excuse or explanation for that except the lower depths of depravity. He could cure cancer and still couldn't live down the pleasure in inflicting that pain. (And he ain't gonna cure no cancer).
I continue to wish him ill in every part of his life.

Old 09-03-2012, 05:48 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,147,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
Great montage! How can I put it on FB, or is that where you found it?
I don't care about tax evasion, and think the authorities nailed him on that like they nailed Al Capone. Yes, maybe dogfighting and other ugliness was a "normal" part of Vick's background. But what kind of man puts his hands on an animal and hurts/tortures/kills it and sees and hears its agony? That is what he can never live down because there's no excuse or explanation for that except the lower depths of depravity. He could cure cancer and still couldn't live down the pleasure in inflicting that pain. (And he ain't gonna cure no cancer).
I continue to wish him ill in every part of his life.
I found it on Facebook a few days ago actually.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs