Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2007, 07:40 PM

673 posts, read 3,147,107 times

Advertisements

Last night I took Tazz to the vet for his yearly shots, checkup, etc. He is 8 years old but will be 9 next month (as far as we know, we got him from the SPCA so his exact age is unknown). Well, I told the doctor about his gums bleeding when I brush and he looked at his teeth. Its been 5 years since he had it done, and back then he had a tooth pulled. The only reason we got it done back then was because he was being neutered so they offered a discount since he was out anyway. They gave me an estimate last night and it was between $225-285 depending on the amount of work. Any tooth extractions will be another $25.

I decided to go ahead and get it done again. His teeth are not the best at all. I try to keep them as healthy and clean as I can. But when we got him from the SPCA they were already not in the best shape. So on the 26th he'll be going in for his teeth cleaning. He has to be there at 7am, no food after midnight, and we can pick him up around 5pm. I'm soooo nervous! He had extra blood work done last night to make sure he is healthy. I wish I could be there and hold him through it all, but I'd probably lose it. He is my Momma's Boy!

Overall the vet said he is very healthy for his age. He did have a bengin cyst (I think that is what the vet called it). Its on his left leg and its gotten bigger in the past year. They did take a sample of it and said it was fluid but to keep an eye on it. I dont like it that my doggie is getting older. It really makes me sad!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2007, 07:58 PM

1,913 posts, read 8,910,441 times
Awww, he'll be OK. I know what you're saying about them being our babies.
I feel the same way about my girls every time we go to the vet.
But my vet is also a good friend, so that eases any tension and nervousness.

*When will you know the results from the blood work? Or do you already know?*

Old 10-02-2007, 08:36 PM

673 posts, read 3,147,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citybythebay View Post
Awww, he'll be OK. I know what you're saying about them being our babies.
I feel the same way about my girls every time we go to the vet.
But my vet is also a good friend, so that eases any tension and nervousness.

*When will you know the results from the blood work? Or do you already know?*

The vet said they would know today if there were any problems with his bloodwork and would call if there were problems. We havent heard anything and his heartworm test came back negative as well. So he is healthy as can be! I'm just ready for his cleaning to be over with. I'm a wreck about it...lol Its been 5 years since they had to put him under and I just hate the thought of it. But he'll feel much better after it and so will I...Thankss for the post!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs