Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 07:42 PM

56 posts, read 134,886 times

Advertisements

I
live in Houston, TX and I am looking for someone to give him lots of love! I"ve found him abandoned on the streets but timewise and spacewise, I can't take care of him but I don't want to have him "put to sleep" either.

He's part Lab,almost 7 months old and he's house broken
He loves kids and he's VERY friendly
He enjoys walking and he's a great companion!

He already has all his shots (I have the veterinarian papers) and there is NO adoption fee. If any of you are interested or know someone who would love to have a dog , Please PM me! thank you!

PS: He knows the word: down and sit
Attached Thumbnails
Anyone wants a dog?? Absolutely FREE!!-2.jpg   Anyone wants a dog?? Absolutely FREE!!-doggie.jpg  

Old 10-09-2011, 09:17 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,123,769 times
If you are allowed to, I suggest you post this in your CD Houston area forum. Try Pet Finder, Rescue Me and other re-homing services. Giving a dog away free to just anybody does not protect the dog from being used as dog fight bait and other unsavory activities. Please be careful and do some checking. If you can't, get him to a rescue group who will. Good luck.

Old 10-10-2011, 06:16 AM

6,191 posts, read 18,169,298 times
Have you had him scanned for a microchip, or posted his description with your local Animal Control or Humane Society? Just in case there's someone looking for him.

Don't give a dog away for free! See if rescues in your area will let you courtesy-list him on Petfinder. A flier with hios photo and a description saying he's available for a small rehoming fee at veterinarians is a good way to find a forever home, too. It's what we did before the internet. Get references and do a home visit.

Old 10-10-2011, 07:58 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,101,269 times
Don't give a dog away for free. Charge SOMETHING. There are people who will take animals to do bad things to them. A small fee helps discourage those with ill intentions.

Old 10-10-2011, 08:00 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,103,614 times
I think you should at least ask a re home fee of 50.00 that way someone will really want him and take care of him . He is beautiful and I wish you luck finding him a home , with this economy it is hard to find pets new homes . Good luck to you .

Old 10-10-2011, 08:03 AM

4,604 posts, read 5,779,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caraibenah View Post
I
live in Houston, TX and I am looking for someone to give him lots of love! I"ve found him abandoned on the streets but timewise and spacewise, I can't take care of him but I don't want to have him "put to sleep" either.

He's part Lab,almost 7 months old and he's house broken
He loves kids and he's VERY friendly
He enjoys walking and he's a great companion!

He already has all his shots (I have the veterinarian papers) and there is NO adoption fee. If any of you are interested or know someone who would love to have a dog , Please PM me! thank you!

PS: He knows the word: down and sit
One question - If you found him abandoned on the streets, how do you have his veterinarian papers?

Old 10-10-2011, 09:21 AM

1,290 posts, read 2,041,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessiegee40 View Post
One question - If you found him abandoned on the streets, how do you have his veterinarian papers?
1.found on street
2.take to the vet
3.papers

Old 10-10-2011, 03:44 PM

157 posts, read 578,225 times
He sounds like somebody's dog

Old 10-11-2011, 07:09 PM

5,245 posts, read 16,437,852 times
How do you know exactly how old he is?

Either way, I agree, don't give him away. If you won't re-home him properly yourself (NOT a bash, just being open / honest about it) then please contact a rescue in the area. Offer to foster him until they find him a home. Usually they're willing to get him listed for you if you can foster. Also, join Facebook and start looking for rescues in your area and friend them, then post his photo and info and tag them. If they can't help, they'll usually happily share in the hopes that someone can help.

BTW, if that's a lab, there's not much lab in him. I'd guess he's got a good bit of AmStaff or AmBully in him. He's absolutely gorgeous and freaking adorable!! If I weren't so full here I'd love to take him in.

Old 10-12-2011, 02:00 AM

30,364 posts, read 51,976,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs1885 View Post
How do you know exactly how old he is?
At that age (under a year), wouldn't a vet be able to guess fairly accurately? I rescued a little kitten 3 years ago from the streets, and figured she was only 3-5 months based on her size... but the vet took one look at her teeth, and declared she was actually 9-12 months. Not an exact age, but I'm sure he was pretty close! I made up her birthday based on that, by going somewhere in the middle of his range.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.