Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2011, 03:25 PM

135 posts, read 388,536 times

Advertisements

http://http://weruletheinternet.com/2011/05/26/signs-of-a-true-dog-lover/ (broken link)

You are a true dog lover if…

Your dog sleeps in your bed. You apologize if you have to move it a bit.

Talking to your dog, you call yourself Daddy or Mommy.

Nothing can be seen through the rear window of your car because it’s all in noseprints of your dog.

You call your dog with 32 different names and none of them makes sense. But your dog responds to them.

You like people that like your dog. You despite people that don’t like it.

In your pocket, there’s always a treat for your dog.

You always put a second cover on your bed so that you dog feels most comfortable.

You choose furniture, carpet, and clothes so that they suit your dog.

The only photo on your work desk is a photo of your dog.

You read people lectures about how responsible one should be raising up a dog. You do that any time you get a chance.

You miss your breakfast to have a chance to walk with your dog before going to job.

You are the only man in the street when it is raining cats and dogs – it’s all because your dog needs walking.

In the end of the day, you don’t drink beer with your co-workers anymore because you have to rush to your dog.

Your weekend plan is to walk with your dog (for both Saturday and Sunday).

Your fridge is full of bones for your dog.

You’ve never eaten all of your beefsteak or fried chicken – you share it with your dog.

You don’t hoover your flat as long as possible because your dog is afraid of the hoover.

You keep on eating even if you’ve found some dog hair in your plate.

When your dog gets older, you make some steps for it to ease climbing on to bed.

When your husband and your dogs snore, it’s your husband who grabs the pillow to sleep somewhere else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2011, 04:30 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,032,749 times
uh oh .... pretty much every one of those applies to me.... well except the one about the snoring husband......

Old 07-06-2011, 04:50 PM

4,918 posts, read 22,684,013 times
You ask your pet what it wants to watch on TV.

Your saddle has a pooch perch.

You take your dog to work on Father - Son/Daughter day.

You sign greeting cards with your name and your dogs names.

You leave the room when the dog's fart instead of kicking them out.

You send in donations to animal welfare organizations with your dog's names as contributors.

You dog gets more mail than you do, and you give it to them.

Old 07-06-2011, 06:28 PM

1,439 posts, read 2,920,693 times
LOL I fit the bill.
I'd like to add...
When you're getting dressed, you ask your dog if you look fat in the pants you are wearing.

Old 07-06-2011, 08:41 PM

3,605 posts, read 9,060,634 times
Yes, yes all of these.
My addition:
You pose your dogs for a Christmas Photo Card every year, just like people with non-furry kids do and write a yearly update too.

Old 07-06-2011, 09:11 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,093,051 times
all true. Funny---I haven't seen "hoover" as a verb in 50 years, but I knew what you were talking about.

Old 07-06-2011, 09:47 PM

1,691 posts, read 3,851,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by troyers View Post
http://http://weruletheinternet.com/2011/05/26/signs-of-a-true-dog-lover/ (broken link)

Your dog sleeps in your bed. You apologize if you have to move it a bit. WHAT?!? Move the Dog?!? Please! Appologize if your moving disturbs the dog.

Talking to your dog, you call yourself Daddy or Mommy.
more like "yes master, no master... right away your highness. "

Nothing can be seen through the rear window of your car because it’s all in noseprints of your dog.
I drive a Mini... dog Shepard Rotty mix.... My dog IS the back windows of my car.

You call your dog with 32 different names and none of them makes sense. But your dog responds to them.
not that many names too many nicknames confuses me too much.

You like people that like your dog. You despite people that don’t like it.
love me love my dog? naw... don't like my dog just stay away from my dog... oh I am with me dog oh well....

In your pocket, there’s always a treat for your dog.
nope... her treat is my love.

You always put a second cover on your bed so that you dog feels most comfortable.
fail here too. but she does have a most comfy bed all too herself.

You choose furniture, carpet, and clothes so that they suit your dog.
BIG dog itty bitty car. nope don't think I pass this one either. lol

The only photo on your work desk is a photo of your dog.
yep done this once or twice.

You read people lectures about how responsible one should be raising up a dog. You do that any time you get a chance.
hu? naw

You miss your breakfast to have a chance to walk with your dog before going to job.
another naw... must not be a good dog owner.

You are the only man in the street when it is raining cats and dogs – it’s all because your dog needs walking.
we play in the rain, thunderstorms and such does that count.

In the end of the day, you don’t drink beer with your co-workers anymore because you have to rush to your dog.
with heat temps in the 90's - 104 you bet your sweet bippie I rush home!

Your weekend plan is to walk with your dog (for both Saturday and Sunday).

Your fridge is full of bones for your dog.

You’ve never eaten all of your beefsteak or fried chicken – you share it with your dog. last bite always for my baby.

You don’t hoover your flat as long as possible because your dog is afraid of the hoover.
the hoover is the entertainment for the pup

You keep on eating even if you’ve found some dog hair in your plate.
added fiber

When your dog gets older, you make some steps for it to ease climbing on to bed.
dog climb on bed? heck sleep with dog on floor.

When your husband and your dogs snore, it’s your husband who grabs the pillow to sleep somewhere else.
no hubby... dog snores... I sleep... cat stares at me as if I was suppose to stop the dog from snoring. lol

Old 07-07-2011, 05:03 PM

2,709 posts, read 6,316,140 times

Your dog sleeps in your bed. You apologize if you have to move it a bit. - Yes, my dog sleeps on my bed, but he's not allowed up there until I'm in and settled. If he encroaches on my easement, I make him move.

Talking to your dog, you call yourself Daddy or Mommy. - Yep.

Nothing can be seen through the rear window of your car because it’s all in noseprints of your dog. - Yep.

You call your dog with 32 different names and none of them makes sense. But your dog responds to them. - Yep. Gummy and Lovey are his main nicknames.

You like people that like your dog. You despise people that don’t like it. - Well, I don't know that I despise them, but they're not likely to be an important part of my life.

In your pocket, there’s always a treat for your dog. - Eh...sometimes.

You always put a second cover on your bed so that you dog feels most comfortable. - No.

You choose furniture, carpet, and clothes so that they suit your dog. - Yes.

The only photo on your work desk is a photo of your dog. - Yes.

You read people lectures about how responsible one should be raising up a dog. You do that any time you get a chance. - Ummm...not really. Although my close friends have heard my lectures!

You miss your breakfast to have a chance to walk with your dog before going to job. - I eat on the run, but yep, Bandit's walk get's priority.

You are the only man in the street when it is raining cats and dogs – it’s all because your dog needs walking. - Of course!

In the end of the day, you don’t drink beer with your co-workers anymore because you have to rush to your dog. - YES!!!

Your weekend plan is to walk with your dog (for both Saturday and Sunday). - Walk with him, go to the dog park. I feel mournful (for many reasons) during the summer, partly because I can't take him with me everywhere. We both love it when cold weather comes back and he gets to go with me!

Your fridge is full of bones for your dog. - Nope. I gave my dog a cow-bone once and he broke a tooth! No more bones for my dog!

You’ve never eaten all of your beefsteak or fried chicken – you share it with your dog. - Of course. And he's my pre-washer of dirty dishes.

You don’t hoover your flat as long as possible because your dog is afraid of the hoover. - Nope. He can wait it out in his kennel. I live with a Siberian. Vacuuming is a MUST.

You keep on eating even if you’ve found some dog hair in your plate. - Of course! It's organic! (Now...would I keep eating if I found ANOTHER dog's hair in my plate?? Maybe not.)

When your dog gets older, you make some steps for it to ease climbing on to bed. - Just bought a low platform bed (mattress only, no boxsprings) for the benefit of my almost-10-years-old dog.

When your husband and your dogs snore, it’s your husband who grabs the pillow to sleep somewhere else. - No husband. I divorced him. Kept the dog, though!

Clearly, I am a TRUE dog lover!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs