Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2007, 11:21 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,618,997 times

Advertisements

GAINESVILLE - A teenager who needed 900 stitches after her family's pit bull attacked her is recovering at home.

Amanda Boyles, 19, of Interlachen, suffered facial lacerations and a damaged artery that required surgery after the dog lunged at her face while they were playing Thursday.

Florida teen survives pit bull attack, receives 900 stiches -- South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2007, 09:59 AM

1,501 posts, read 5,682,598 times
For this one dog, I'll bet there were 20 Chihuahua (and other breed) incidents that same week within a 30 mile radius. Would love to know, as Paul Harvey would say, The Rest of the Story here. God forbid somebody would define the "playing".

If it's not a PB, it's not mentioned at all by the Sun. Unless it's a Crocodile or shark.

My sister just last week brought yet another stray kitten into her household. No worries with her Pitt-Mastiff mix (himself a former stray). When will people realize it's humans who have the majority of these making the news all the time, making dogs their Frankensteins?

Last edited by Travel'r; 07-30-2007 at 10:08 AM..

Old 07-30-2007, 10:09 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,414,824 times
They had a pitbull attack on the local news here from Amarillo (3 hours away). They talked about how it was a great family dog that just went wrong and attacked a dog and a person. They said "it broke its chain" and when they showed the chain it was really thick and about 5 feet long, looked real heavy. Now how many 'family pets' do you know that get chained up outside. There was no grass, just dirt around the chain which shows he spends alot of time there. Shame really.

Old 07-30-2007, 12:08 PM

1,397 posts, read 4,847,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
They had a pitbull attack on the local news here from Amarillo (3 hours away). They talked about how it was a great family dog that just went wrong and attacked a dog and a person. They said "it broke its chain" and when they showed the chain it was really thick and about 5 feet long, looked real heavy. Now how many 'family pets' do you know that get chained up outside. There was no grass, just dirt around the chain which shows he spends alot of time there. Shame really.
Shame!!!It's not a dog's fault...

Old 07-30-2007, 12:42 PM

5,652 posts, read 19,357,366 times
An old woman got attacked by two rottweilers running loose here in palatine, IL. The owner let them run loose. Luckily, they got distracted by another dog and ran away from her. She survived with minor bites and scratches.

Old 07-30-2007, 01:12 PM

13,407 posts, read 28,741,978 times
It comes down to one or the other
bad breeding or bad owner

Old 07-30-2007, 01:34 PM

504 posts, read 1,764,874 times
Why, Why aren't the owners punished, severe fines is what is needed for these idiot people that raise dogs to be mean. I would guess that everyone reading these forums would agree that huge fines and punishments be put on these people that have dangerous dogs of any breed.
I am not talking about 100.00 dollar fines I am talking 1000.00 dollar fines and public service and dog training courses whether they want to keep thier animals or not, and they should never be allowed to have another dog where they live without posting a huge bond.
I am fed up and I am tired of having to carry a ball bat with me when I take my dogs for a walk.
Where I live you can find the mortgage company and notify then they have a dangerous dog in the yard and they in turn may call the insurance company that carries the insurance and often they will cancel the insurance.
I am fuming.

Old 07-31-2007, 09:02 AM

5,652 posts, read 19,357,366 times
I NEVER go walking where I live without pepper spray. These rednecks where I live, all love their pit bulls, but sure don't like making sure they stay in their yards.

Old 07-31-2007, 09:09 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,414,824 times
Pepper spray is going to do one of two things 1) Aggrevate the dog to make the attack more agressive, 2) Make you taste better because of the seasoning you got on yourself. I have never seen or heard of positive results from pepper spray.

I have however, seen my dog run away from me with Old Spice deodorant
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs