Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 06:23 PM

5,244 posts, read 16,510,167 times

Advertisements

STOLEN FROM ADOPTION EVENT TODAY AROUND 2PM CENTRAL TIME, COOL SPRINGS, TN

2-1/2 month old female brown and white pit mix puppy. Female came into store and told the rescue Director that she was interested in helping the rescue, that she lived in Cookeville. She was playing with the puppy and the Director was distracted by someone else in the store asking questions. When the Director turned around she saw the girl running out of the store with the puppy in her arms. They sent a volunteer out to see if they could catch her. They saw her get into a red SUV. The girl was wearing a red sweater.

Director is checking with store manager now to see if they have in store video cameras so they can get a clear picture of her. I’m waiting to get a picture of the puppy to post. The Director is also calling the local law enforcement agency to report it and hopefully they will put out an alert over NCIC and get it to the agencies between Cool Springs and Cookeville and some of the other surrounding communities in case she lied about where she lived.

As more info comes in, will update. Please keep your eye out for her and the puppy, and if you’re holding events please keep a very close eye on your fosters!! This is a nightmare for any of us that have had adoption events.

If you have any information, please contact Pat at 615-319-2760
Attached Thumbnails
Puppy stolen 1/29 Middle TN area-stolen.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2011, 07:08 PM

6,591 posts, read 24,971,005 times
oh my goodness, what kind of monster does this?!

i dont live anywhere neer but my thoughts and prayers are with you guys in the search and safe return of this pup!

Old 01-30-2011, 04:54 AM

455 posts, read 1,245,460 times
What a beautiful puppy.

I can't understand people if she wanted to adopt the puppy why not go through the correct process.

I hope she took the puppy because she fell for him and is taking good care of him.

I really do hope they find the puppy soon, safe and well.

Old 01-30-2011, 05:27 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,259,855 times
I hope she does not sell the puppy or it ends up in the hands of dog fighters .. I hate ppl that do this cause you just know if she did not have the money to adopt the puppy then she most likely does not have the money to feed it or take it to the vet .. sad and yes a con artist for sure and yes maybe a monster .

Old 01-30-2011, 07:03 AM

1,054 posts, read 4,936,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
I hope she does not sell the puppy or it ends up in the hands of dog fighters .. I hate ppl that do this cause you just know if she did not have the money to adopt the puppy then she most likely does not have the money to feed it or take it to the vet .. sad and yes a con artist for sure and yes maybe a monster .
I'm hoping and praying thats not the case either. I hope that this person is found and they get the pup back.

Old 01-31-2011, 11:09 AM

29,980 posts, read 43,132,752 times
Might post this in the TN forum too if it hasn't been done already. Good luck, hope the pup is safely recovered.

Mean people stink!

Old 01-31-2011, 12:40 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,258,116 times
That's just sickening. I ditto what suei said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by suei View Post
What a beautiful puppy.

I can't understand people if she wanted to adopt the puppy why not go through the correct process.

I hope she took the puppy because she fell for him and is taking good care of him.

Old 01-31-2011, 12:47 PM

5,142 posts, read 13,193,049 times
Crossing fingers and paws for a happy ending.

Old 01-31-2011, 03:22 PM

8,039 posts, read 4,534,057 times
I sure hope they find this puppy before something awful happens. Then throw the person that took him under the jail.

Old 01-31-2011, 09:10 PM

5,244 posts, read 16,510,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suei View Post
What a beautiful puppy.

My guess? She has or has had a dog that she didn't bother to get vetted and therefor wouldn't pass the criteria for adoption. Or worse, she didn't have the money for adoption, which will really tick me off because that specific rescue takes payments for adoption fees. I don't agree with it, but she's so willing to work with just about any situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
That's what I keep worrying about too. But to keep myself sane, I remind myself that free pitbull puppies are all over the place here, in the newspapers, on line sales sites, signs in front of homes, etc. You can't go an hour without stumbling across one of them in one way or another.

So my thoughts are she had one that she got free and it had Parvo or something like that and died so she decided stealing one from a rescue that's healthy and fully vetted was a better idea. I just hope she's keeping it inside, warm and well fed and loved.

Updated info BTW = she's in her early - mid 20s and has shoulder length brown hair. The SUV she was driving is one of the square style ones, like a Land Rover type, not a rounded back one. Report was made to Brentwood Police Department. No video equipment in the store.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs