Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 01:36 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,153,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarlaJane View Post
Grain intolerant, or just cheap food intolerant
Well, he IS a brat!

That said, I'm so happy that I found this forum so that I'm no longer feeding him filler-filled food. (Say that 10 times fast!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2011, 04:18 PM

5,026 posts, read 15,323,209 times
Just an FYI to those feeding Orijen...while the meat content change from 70 to 80%, the protein content remains the same in almost every single product, that did not change at all. I think maybe one of the formulas now has 1% more protein, hardly a noticeable difference. Neither of mine reacted at all to the change, and I haven't heard any complaints from friends using this food either. I think the humans noticed the change more than the dogs! From their site:

Richness is not based entirely on meat content. Protein, and particularly fat and calorie content, also determines the richness of a formula. While the fresh meat content of ORIJEN 80.20. is substantially increased, ORIJEN’s protein, fat and calories have changed very little and a smooth transition is expected from ORIJEN 70.30 to ORIJEN 80.20.

Champion Petfoods | F.A.Q

Old 05-07-2011, 04:28 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,153,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAK802 View Post
Just an FYI to those feeding Orijen...while the meat content change from 70 to 80%, the protein content remains the same in almost every single product, that did not change at all. I think maybe one of the formulas now has 1% more protein, hardly a noticeable difference. Neither of mine reacted at all to the change, and I haven't heard any complaints from friends using this food either. I think the humans noticed the change more than the dogs! From their site:

Richness is not based entirely on meat content. Protein, and particularly fat and calorie content, also determines the richness of a formula. While the fresh meat content of ORIJEN 80.20. is substantially increased, ORIJEN’s protein, fat and calories have changed very little and a smooth transition is expected from ORIJEN 70.30 to ORIJEN 80.20.

Champion Petfoods | F.A.Q
As soon as Artie got on the 80/20, he had blood in his stool. As soon as I took him off, the blood stopped.

Old 01-30-2015, 09:03 PM

1 posts, read 729 times
PACIFIC STREAM HAS THE LOWEST PUPPY CALAIUM LEVEL. OF 1.4. THE PHOSPHOUUS IS IMPORTANT TOO. i AM ALSO USING NATURAL BALANCE LARGE BREED FOR ALL LIFE STAGES [LOW PROTEIN, LOW FAT, LOW CALCIUM] AND BUMP IT UP WITH PACIFIC STREAM PUPPY FORMULA.] THIS IS FOR AN 8 MONTH OLD OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG. HE IS IN BEAUTIFUL SHAPE, HAD GAINED WEIGHT SLOWLY BUT GRADUALLY. I LOVE PACIFIC STREAM BUT THE ALL LIFE STAGES WITH CALCIUM IS WAY TOO HIGH 1.9
ELLEN, 0ZZIE AND jESSY OZZIE IS A 5 YEAR OLD COCKER SPANIEL AND EATS TASTE OF THE WILD PACIFIC STREAM. HE HAS THE MOST SHINEY BLACK COAT AND BRILLANT BROWN EYES. ENERGY TO KNOCK YOU OUT!!!!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs