Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 08:15 AM

5,245 posts, read 16,424,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
I guess the dogs have to kill someone before the liberal uber alles in King county take action against vicious animals. What is it with people that care more about animals than people? It's a dog people.
In some states if you jump someone's fence you can be shot. I'd be one of the people that would shoot.

It's not a matter of liking dogs more than people - though I'll be the first to admit I like dogs waaaaaay more than most humans - it's a matter of protecting your property. No one has any right to enter anyone else's property without their consent. Dogs are a good means of protecting your property, and most humans with half a brain know better than to jump a fence with a dog on the other side anyway.

And for the record, I'm not liberal in the least. Very much a conservative voter. I've also busted my butt to get what I have and I'm not going to be some pansy *** liberal that shrugs and figures if someone enters my property illegally and takes my things they must need them more than I do. I figure if they can jump a fence they can get a job and make money to buy what they'd planned on stealing from me. So my dogs would not bite the kid, I'd blow his brains all over my yard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2010, 08:21 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,018,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs1885 View Post
In some states if you jump someone's fence you can be shot. I'd be one of the people that would shoot.

It's not a matter of liking dogs more than people - though I'll be the first to admit I like dogs waaaaaay more than most humans - it's a matter of protecting your property. No one has any right to enter anyone else's property without their consent. Dogs are a good means of protecting your property, and most humans with half a brain know better than to jump a fence with a dog on the other side anyway.

And for the record, I'm not liberal in the least. Very much a conservative voter. I've also busted my butt to get what I have and I'm not going to be some pansy *** liberal that shrugs and figures if someone enters my property illegally and takes my things they must need them more than I do. I figure if they can jump a fence they can get a job and make money to buy what they'd planned on stealing from me. So my dogs would not bite the kid, I'd blow his brains all over my yard.
Note to self: Call Mrs1885 on the phone before just popping in to say hi.

Old 12-08-2010, 09:08 AM

4,627 posts, read 10,469,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOF4256 View Post
We were by no stretch of the imagination abused growing up, but had this been me or one of my siblings? I/we'd have had a real good spanking and/or a good, severe punishment for putting ourselves in that situation@!!
Yup, the hurt from the dog(s) would have been the least of our worries.

Ahhh but then we were held accountable for our actions and taught .... can't always blame everyone/everything else for everything ..... those were the days...
Sounds like you were very lucky to have been loved so much by your folks. Good for them ~

Old 12-08-2010, 09:33 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,680,491 times
As much as I feel for the owner of the dogs, they did viciously attack a child. A CHILD. I don't know if I could give them a pass on this one. I love dogs, but if they harm humans, then you can't just give them back to the person who failed to train them properly in the first place.

Old 12-08-2010, 09:35 AM

2,053 posts, read 4,814,753 times
If dogs (any breed, please) are unleashed and attack in public areas, such as a park or street, it pretty much is a no-brainer that is their owner's fault.

Now, if dogs attack when they are in their owner's private property - which is fenced, the answer would be... it is not their fault, plain and simple.

There are 2 scenarios: public areas and private property. Why is the answer so simple in one and yet people discuss/argue so much about the other?!

Other example: people still walk their unleashed dogs or leave them unattended on their (open, non-fenced) front lawn or even on the street where a car can hit them... if a car hits them, whose fault is it? The street is a public area, one has to care for one's dog for his/her safety and other people's safety too. If your dog hadn't been left unleashed outside, it would not have been hit by a car. In that sense, if people did not trespass fenced yards/private property, they would not be attacked by dogs who are within their owner's private property limits.

Old 12-08-2010, 09:38 AM

4,627 posts, read 10,469,564 times
Quote:
I've also busted my butt to get what I have and I'm not going to be some pansy *** liberal that shrugs and figures if someone enters my property illegally and takes my things they must need them more than I do....I'd blow his brains all over my yard.
Whoa Nelly!

The child is in stable condition and out of intensive care. Thank God. The case will be turned over to the District Attorney. A judge will decide if the dogs are dangerous; if found to be so, we know what will happen.

I think it would be politically detrimental to the DA's career to prosecute and to the judge's career to order the dogs put down. Yes, even in liberal ol' Seattle. I pray they'll have enough guts to do the right thing.

What a horrible, horrible thing to happen. But there's tremendous truth to what HOF4256 said. Too bad the child in question was acting like a child. He'd actually jumped the fence before and the kids thought the dogs wouldn't hurt them.

Boy's uncle doesn't even think the dogs should be put down.

Seattle boy mauled by 3 dogs now improving | OregonLive.com

Boy Attacked By 3 Dogs In South Seattle - KCPQ

Old 12-08-2010, 09:54 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,024,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
Note to self: Call Mrs1885 on the phone before just popping in to say hi.
hahahhhaahaa...

NO DOUBT!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
As much as I feel for the owner of the dogs, they did viciously attack a child. A CHILD. I don't know if I could give them a pass on this one. I love dogs, but if they harm humans, then you can't just give them back to the person who failed to train them properly in the first place.
what part of the boy jumped the FENCE and trespassed into another's property puts the blame on the dogs or their owner??

Old 12-08-2010, 10:44 AM

4,918 posts, read 22,676,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
All or any dog can attack if it feels danger or is protecting its self. Cats attack people all the time because they get spooked. A wife will attack and harm her husband if in a deep sleep and he touches her the wrong way and scares the heck out of her. A child will smack the heck out of another child if they tickle the kids neck and they think its a spider. Its not the attack but the cause and precautions to prevent the attack is the important thing.

What if that child jumped a fence and hid under your car in your driveway and you ran it over? Is that your fault? Or it jumps your fence, turns on the propane BBQ without lighting it and causes an explosion and gets killed? Is that your fault? If you took steps to ensure these things were properly on your property you can't be expected to be blamed for any freek thing that happens when someone violates your property and enters against your best efforts.

Just because it was a child is not a reason to blame the dogs or expect action against the dog that you wouldn't expect to be the same if it was a 200lb rappist entering the property. The dogs don't know child from criminal. The dog was secured, the child was not.

This is an emotional charged subject and pet owners will defend any action of the animal, right or wrong so long as it's not them. If it was their child, the story would be different. If it was their dog and it was loose and attacked they would somehow blame the other person. If it was their dog that jumped the fence and attacked the child on its property behind a fence, they would blame the hoe owner for not having a high fence or that the kid shouldnt have been playing in its fenced yard when dogs were on the street. If it was a pit bull on the street of a festival and the owner lost control and the police ended up shooting it, it would still be everyone elses fault and not the dog. No matter what, they would always blame the person and never the animal. But none of that matters, the child crossd over the physical boundary and entered the secure property of the dogs so the child bares the blame. sad, tragic, but the truth in this case.

Old 12-08-2010, 04:53 PM

5,245 posts, read 16,424,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificFlights View Post
All or any dog can attack if it feels danger or is protecting its self. Cats attack people all the time because they get spooked. A wife will attack and harm her husband if in a deep sleep and he touches her the wrong way and scares the heck out of her. A child will smack the heck out of another child if they tickle the kids neck and they think its a spider. Its not the attack but the cause and precautions to prevent the attack is the important thing.

What if that child jumped a fence and hid under your car in your driveway and you ran it over? Is that your fault? Or it jumps your fence, turns on the propane BBQ without lighting it and causes an explosion and gets killed? Is that your fault? If you took steps to ensure these things were properly on your property you can't be expected to be blamed for any freek thing that happens when someone violates your property and enters against your best efforts.

Just because it was a child is not a reason to blame the dogs or expect action against the dog that you wouldn't expect to be the same if it was a 200lb rappist entering the property. The dogs don't know child from criminal. The dog was secured, the child was not.

This is an emotional charged subject and pet owners will defend any action of the animal, right or wrong so long as it's not them. If it was their child, the story would be different. If it was their dog and it was loose and attacked they would somehow blame the other person. If it was their dog that jumped the fence and attacked the child on its property behind a fence, they would blame the hoe owner for not having a high fence or that the kid shouldnt have been playing in its fenced yard when dogs were on the street. If it was a pit bull on the street of a festival and the owner lost control and the police ended up shooting it, it would still be everyone elses fault and not the dog. No matter what, they would always blame the person and never the animal. But none of that matters, the child crossd over the physical boundary and entered the secure property of the dogs so the child bares the blame. sad, tragic, but the truth in this case.
Reps reps reps reps reps!!!!!

And Dawn honey, I wouldn't shoot ya! I don't shoot blindly. If I did my daughter wouldn't be here today. Goon stopped by while hubby was in ATL a couple weeks ago. Instead of calling - or at least knocking - she puts her face against the glass pane in the front door and makes a tapping sound, knowing the dogs will go crazy. If I were trigger happy I'd have shot her. Damn near gave me a heart attack. Needless to say she'll never do that again. Good Lord did that girl get chewed out!

Old 12-09-2010, 05:52 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,018,915 times
Quote:
And Dawn honey, I wouldn't shoot ya! I don't shoot blindly. If I did my daughter wouldn't be here today. Goon stopped by while hubby was in ATL a couple weeks ago. Instead of calling - or at least knocking - she puts her face against the glass pane in the front door and makes a tapping sound, knowing the dogs will go crazy. If I were trigger happy I'd have shot her. Damn near gave me a heart attack. Needless to say she'll never do that again. Good Lord did that girl get chewed out!
BAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Well, not really haha funny, but still funny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs