Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 08:02 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,019,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparklez_304 View Post
people suck. plain and simple. ive got a new neighbor that has a dog. they put up a chain link dog run in their backyard in the middle of the grass with a tarp over the top and the poor dog has been out there ever since. last week we had a big storm, and next week theres gonna be another one. the dog was out there the whole time. i havent really seen or heard anyone interact with the poor thing...but what can i do? really? what can i do? ive been tempted to hope the fence and set it free lol. i dont know that animal control would even do anything about it.
While I too would be tempted to "rescue" the poor thing, I'd be very careful about going that route. Since animals are considered property, you could get into some hot water. Also, there's the "trespassing thing".

If it were me, I would call the local animal control, and ask about the shelter. To me, having just a chain link fence on the sides would probably not be adequate, especially if you're in a climate that gets cold weather.

I'm sorry you have to see this. Why even get a dog if you're going to treat it like that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2010, 08:10 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,967,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxywench View Post
my response to loose dogs is a trip to the shelter (preferably no kill)
It's a kill shelter.

Old 10-28-2010, 08:53 PM

6,591 posts, read 24,871,857 times
that sucks...font...

id probably end up hiding puppy once caught and rehoming it....
when the neighbors ask..."i have no idea what happend, i saw him run through my yard a few nights ago but i couldnt catch him.... mabe you shoudl get that fence fixed?!

but im mean like that...i cant stand seeing irresponsible people with animals like this...those poor puppies have such a yicky future comming up

Old 10-28-2010, 09:35 PM

The puppy that likes me was out there again when I went to close the back gate just now. He ran to me and put his little head on my shoulder when I picked him up, so I decided to take him inside the house. Mistake. Nanners was not being nice, and that's an understatement. It is her house, so I did a repeat of last night and put him under the fence.

I feel this isn't going to end well.

Old 10-28-2010, 10:17 PM

2,807 posts, read 7,590,473 times
What the heck are these neighbors thinking?!
And they have 5 dogs?!
The stupidity in this world never ceases to amaze me...poor puppies.
Too bad Nanners didn't take a liking to the one who keeps trying to adopt you...the pup clearly has good taste, which is impressive in one so young!

Old 10-28-2010, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmycat View Post
What the heck are these neighbors thinking?!
And they have 5 dogs?!
6 now, if the new dog I saw over there today is part of their pack. There's a limit of 3 dogs per household in this city.

Old 10-29-2010, 07:38 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,055,877 times
I have no advice -- just tears for those poor dogs.

Old 10-29-2010, 07:59 AM

6,591 posts, read 24,871,857 times
since there over legal limit i would absoiutly report them...

mostly because its idiots like that who ruin things for everyone...
i hate hate hate thee thought of innocent dogs going to a kill shelter...
but it seems that anything might be better than their current situation.

Old 10-30-2010, 04:15 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,618,516 times
Somebody the next street over has a big black and tan mixed breed that can evidently jump the fence, and does with alarming frequency. It also likes to stand in the middle of the road, which is only somewhat dangerous on our short, one-block cul de sac where nobody really comes unless they live here and are driving slowly and about to pull in, but ridiculously dangerous only one road over, that's a main arterial. He always tries to follow if we're out walking Willie, too. He just about got hit this a.m. I've never had any luck getting anybody at the door of the house he lives in.

Old 10-30-2010, 04:27 PM

That reminds me, I failed to mention that we both live on a heavily traveled 4 lane arterial highway, and 75% of the traffic are 18-wheelers. No dog gets a second chance in that street.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs