Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 03:39 PM

345 posts, read 919,580 times

Advertisements

Shelters are getting out of control of late with some of their rules. I understand the no small children with small dogs that might get stepped on etc. But ours are becoming more strict and they have raised the prices on adoption. A small dog adoption is $395 With all the forms, rules, bringing all your family members, all your pets and etc makes you just want to lie and say you are single living alone with no other pets.

I have a huge dog over 125 lbs, I also have a small Aussie 15 lbs. that was dumped on the street (I might just sneak him at mrs1885 house, she might not notice, lol) My dog plays very well with him, does not squish him, yes he spends alot of time wet from playing with the big dog but he is not broken or dead. No one has claimed him and so far I have not found anyone who wants to adopt a special needs dog. But I will not drop him off at a shelter so he can be caged, scared and maybe never get a home due to so many restrictions.

People who cannot adopt from shelters I hope they do turn to Craigs or locally looking for a dog to adopt instead of buying a puppy mill dog or a poorly bred one.

Beverly Hills Chihuahua, that idiot Paris and others started that Chihuahua craze, just like what happened with 101 Dalmations. CO did get in a groups of Cali Chis. I wish people would remember it is a movie and while the dog is cute you do not have to run out and get one. Chances are yours won't be a movie star and it will pee, poop and bark
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs