Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2013, 06:14 PM

775 posts, read 1,260,227 times

Advertisements

For me it's been a mix of both. Honestly I could eat better, a LOT better. I snack on stuff throughout the day (pretzels, hummus, fruit, the kids leftover lunch, chocolate) and then I have a pretty good sized dinner and **cringe** low fat ice cream after that. Like I said, I could eat better.
But I work out 5-6 days a week. I do 3 days of high intensity cardio/strength classes and two or 3 days running at least 3 miles. I weigh 124 and am a size 6 which according to my height, is a good weight for my frame.
Maybe some days I pay more attention and eat better to make up for days I don't but personally I think it's a combo of both exercise and diet that is best
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2013, 06:32 PM

28 posts, read 30,112 times
I do a mix of cardio and strength training to get different intense levels. But mainly because it keeps my workouts interesting and balanced. I would not be able to keep up with cardio-only routines. Even on the days when I run, I do sprints during the route to get some excitement in. Here's my workout plan: Monday (chest, triceps), Tuesday (cardio, abs), Wednesday (back, shoulders, biceps), Thursday, (cardio, abs), Friday (rest), Saturday (legs), Sunday (rest).

Old 11-25-2013, 06:42 PM

1,428 posts, read 1,408,437 times
I changed my eating habits only and lost 30 lbs in 7 months. But now I'm flabby so I'm working on that. If I had done both at the same time, I'm quite sure I would have had different results.

Old 11-26-2013, 11:28 AM

5,724 posts, read 7,489,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynaydee View Post
I changed my eating habits only and lost 30 lbs in 7 months. But now I'm flabby so I'm working on that. If I had done both at the same time, I'm quite sure I would have had different results.
Congrats on the weight loss.

Old 11-26-2013, 11:33 AM

5,724 posts, read 7,489,165 times
I lost 1.2 pounds this week. I redeemed myself from last week but I hoped for more. This weight loss is moving slowly and I am exercising too. I am pleased that my body is getting tighter.

Old 11-26-2013, 09:18 PM

1 posts, read 1,036 times
Walking and running is the best best exercise for loose weight. Don't eat too much which contain lots of fat. Avoid junk food and oily food. Try to eat only vegetarian food.

Old 11-27-2013, 09:18 AM

6,102 posts, read 8,828,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottdale23 View Post
Walking and running is the best best exercise for loose weight. Don't eat too much which contain lots of fat. Avoid junk food and oily food. Try to eat only vegetarian food.
Well no one wants loose fat, it just jiggles way too much.

Old 12-01-2013, 12:44 PM

1,138 posts, read 3,291,823 times
Diet is gonna determine 80-90% of your weight loss progress (or lack thereof). Exercise just helps you burn the calories, but if your post-workout meal exceeds the calories you just burned then you've just defeated the purpose.

Old 12-13-2013, 08:57 AM

9,011 posts, read 13,850,777 times
So,are you guys saying exercise tones you up?

Old 12-13-2013, 11:11 AM

896 posts, read 1,401,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copsgirl73 View Post
For me it's been a mix of both. Honestly I could eat better, a LOT better. I snack on stuff throughout the day (pretzels, hummus, fruit, the kids leftover lunch, chocolate) and then I have a pretty good sized dinner and **cringe** low fat ice cream after that. Like I said, I could eat better.
But I work out 5-6 days a week. I do 3 days of high intensity cardio/strength classes and two or 3 days running at least 3 miles. I weigh 124 and am a size 6 which according to my height, is a good weight for my frame.
Maybe some days I pay more attention and eat better to make up for days I don't but personally I think it's a combo of both exercise and diet that is best

What in the world is wrong with ice cream as long as you do not eat the whole pint. I hate that people think in bad food, good food terms. Btw, I would never eat low fat ice cream. I think I would be hungrier afterwards.

However, your eat choices seem pretty normal to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss