Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2012, 10:04 PM

116 posts, read 232,766 times

Advertisements

Hi, I'm 19 and I just started my weight loss journey.I'm going to lose 65 pounds. I have huge breast no matter how small or big I am and I'm really concerned that will will have a lot of excess skin and that they will sag. I will do weight training especially for that specific area and I will lose the weight slowly. Do you think this is enough. What is your experience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2012, 05:35 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,780,434 times
You already have "extra" skin. It's currently stretched and filled with breast tissue, fat, glands, and muscle. When you lose weight, it will be less filled, and -might- sag.

However, since you're only 19, it's very possible the skin will tighten to continue "fitting" whatever it's holding inside it. If you lose the weight slowly, the skin will have a better chance of "snapping into place" than if you try those crash or fad diets where you lose a lot of weight in a short period of time.

1-3 pounds per week would be a modest rate, if you're hoping to preserve the proportion of skin to everything that's under the skin.

Old 01-06-2012, 07:05 AM

41,957 posts, read 75,183,468 times
Mix Vitamin E oil in with your regular moisturizer. It works.

Old 01-06-2012, 09:14 AM

6,102 posts, read 8,819,357 times
At 19 I think you have a pretty good chance of retaining SOME elasticity, however you will have some sag. That said, a little sag is better than skin covering fat.
Great news on your journey! Keep us posted on your progress.

Old 01-06-2012, 09:39 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,711,674 times
I am much older and lost a lot without sag.
My list:
- wear spanks or something like it on the shrinking areas. It will help support the skin as it shrinks.
- eat healthy - healthy skin heals nicely
- lose slowly - crashing off pounds leads to saggy skin and stretch marks
- pause your weightloss when you notice any extra skin - I stopped cardio except for minimum and focused more on strength training until it tightened up
- have a lower body fat percentage. Mine is 14-20%
- buy the proper sports bra for workouts. Large breasts need encapsulation style sports bras.

Old 01-06-2012, 03:37 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,797,076 times
Don't do impact aerobics, like jogging--some docs warn that it's not good for breast tissue or female organs. I never have done that and when I was 49 and lost 20 lbs I got no breast sag at all, but I don't like the way my upper arms look. Weightlifting is helping some of that. However, asking other people isn't all that helpful b/c everyone is different. My dd has stretch marks from growing, but I never got any at all, even from pregnancy so we're all very different.

Old 01-06-2012, 10:10 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,871,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
My dd has stretch marks from growing, but I never got any at all, even from pregnancy so we're all very different.
Me too, I got them with puberty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss