Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 12:29 AM

318 posts, read 870,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitlove View Post
and this is exactly what I was thinking. My friends streets is actually "nice". Most of the homes taken care of, nice lawns etc. Like other parts of the city, go a few streets down and its some empty bored up homes on some blocks. But if you think Warrendale is anywhere near as bad as brightmoore, you obviously don't know what you're talking about. I live far east, almost as north you can go in city limits so I'm not wasting my gas to drive to Warrendale (or Brightmoore) to know every single street looks like. But like you said, I feel very unsafe in Brightmoore (since this punk tried to carjack me smh) I've never felt that way in Warrendale
Part of your post makes me think you thought I was the one who made the brightmoore comment [your "and this is exactly what I was thinking" was in response to me, clearly]. I didn't; the user "and the" made that comment, to which I never replied, agreed with, or anything of the matter. I'm the OP; 'tis all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2011, 01:38 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,727,879 times
Everybody please calm down. Agree to disagree and move on. Continue fighting and you will be restricted from posting.
Yac.

Old 06-23-2011, 01:34 AM

1 posts, read 1,237 times
I'm the author of the video.

The intent of the video was following a common route of my childhood (6065 Piedmont to 7774 Plainview) and commenting on its demise. Initially, I shot the video for a select audience, that audience being the family and friends that grew up in the neighborhood with me and once called it home.

I had taken pictures of my childhood residence (both inside and outside) and posted them sometime last year. Most people couldn't believe that my old home, which was in great shape when we sold it in 2002, could look that bad. So I did a quick drive-through the ol' neighborhood to get some quick video. They were even more astounded to see what had become of their houses, old hangouts, etc.

I then made it public and opened it up to the audience of another Detroit forum, and eventually it reached this board. I was able to track that through YouTube stats.

Follow the exact route on Google Street View (taken in 2008) and compare it to I have here, and you'd be astounded yourselves. Especially note the houses north of 7774 Plainview. They are intact and occupied in Google Street View. I drove through there today, and every single house on both sides of the street, from 7774 on up, is abandoned. Half of that block is a virtual ghost town.

There are still good blocks in Warrendale and when compared to the rest of the city, it's in mediocre to decent shape. When compared to nearby communities, it's been devastated and is a shell of its former self.

And, yes, the video is boring. So what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit