Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 04:23 PM

Location: Detroit's eastside, downtown Detroit in near future!
2,053 posts, read 4,391,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson Belle Grande View Post
Nice: A neighborhood of almost all occupant-owned houses (except for apartments) where the houses AND property are well-maintained. That means broken things get fixed and garbage gets picked up and people don't wait for the government to remove the debris form the storm drain so the whole block doesn't flood....

Decent. Some rentals but the houses are still maintained. Maybe some vacant houses that haven't been stripped of HVAC and copper plumbing, public schools that are still acceptable, grass is still cut, you're not afraid to walk to the corner store after dark.

Ghetto: Many rentals, front doors on several houses on each block (with no storm doors) are left open all day, living room furniture on the front porch, a dope house that everyone knows is a dope house, people walk down the middle of the street, trees growing through cracks in sidewalks and driveways, gang graffiti, garage doors reversed on their hinges or falling down altogether, every store in the area advertises that they accept Bridge Cards, every store in the area accepts Bridge Cards for every item in the store including non-food items, burned out buildings that have been torched by the landlord, boarded-up, burned-out buildings that are not secure and have been plundered by copper thieves and left open, public schools that are unacceptable, parochial schools that have closed, gun shots at night, every night. You're afraid to let your wife or kids out of the house after dark on foot. Grass more than 8 inches high at more than one house on each block, streets don't get plowed in the winter and a 10+ minute police response time for major crimes in progress. More residents make a living with a "hustle" as opposed to a job where they pay taxes.

I could go on, but Warrendale is not nice and it's not decent anymore.
whatever thats YOUR opinion of whats decent or not. I dont care anymore, you're so worried about how a neighborhood looks here, why don't you do something about it? otherwise don't talk about it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2011, 04:24 PM

and fyi, many of you all beloved little suburban stores accept bridge card as well. you all kill me whenever you talk about black people or our neighborhoods you always have to mention welfare, food stamps, bridge cards etc

and there aren't any gangs in Detroit, shows how much you really know

Old 06-20-2011, 04:52 PM

7,237 posts, read 12,737,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitlove View Post
and there aren't any gangs in Detroit
lol, there aren't?

Tell that to the Shriners, Bloods & Crips, Gangster Disciples, Surenos, Latin Kings, Spanish Cobras and Latin Counts.

Old 06-20-2011, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 313Weather View Post
lol, there aren't?

Tell that to the Shriners, Bloods & Crips, Gangster Disciples, Surenos, Latin Kings, Spanish Cobras and Latin Counts.
lmfao you fool. The only "gang" that get recognized in Detroit are the bloods (the 7mile bloods) and they have NO ties to the real bloods from LA and actually are considered fake bloods. No real crips or any form of Chicago gang in Detroit with the exception of the hispanics in SW, and they still aren't big. Detroit never took to non-home grown crews. So guess again. Whats detroit has are local crews, mostly named after streets. Now I know you don't live in Detroit smh.

Old 06-20-2011, 05:30 PM

Quote:
lmfao you fool. The only "gang" that get recognized in Detroit are the bloods (the 7mile bloods) and they have NO ties to the real bloods from LA and actually are considered fake bloods. No real crips or any form of Chicago gang in Detroit with the exception of the hispanics in SW, and they still aren't big. Detroit never took to non-home grown crews. So guess again. Whats detroit has are local crews, mostly named after streets. Now I know you don't live in Detroit smh.

unless its YBI, Pony Down, BKs, BMF, East Warren, Joy Rd, Murder Row, ABM, or some extension of those........they are pretty much irrelevant in Detroit and most poeple get clowned on for claiming some other city gang

Old 06-20-2011, 07:16 PM

Quote:
lmfao you fool.
HAHA!!! People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

I will ignore the rest of your comments, since you did the exact same thing that you chastised me for (with respect to me agree with another poster that Detroiters are poor and under educated/employed).

Old 06-20-2011, 07:22 PM

Quote:
HAHA!!! People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

I will ignore the rest of your comments, since you did the exact same thing that you chastised me for (with respect to me agree with another poster that Detroiters are poor and under educated/employed).
smh what are you talking about? you know what, don't even answer

Old 06-20-2011, 07:29 PM

Quote:
what are you talking about?
Quote:
wow so every single neighborhood throughout the city is full of uneducated, poor and unemployed people?
And yet you just made a generalization that there are no gangs in Detroit, which is also inaccurate.

Old 06-20-2011, 08:26 PM

Quote:
And yet you just made a generalization that there are no gangs in Detroit, which is also inaccurate.
how is it inaccurate? what is inaccurate is you making it seem as Detroit dudes are out here reppin crips and bloods, and chicago gangs..........which is few and far in between. YBI, BKs, BMF, Pony Down, East Warren etc are NOT gangs....they are Crews which is different. The average dude hustlin in Detroit would clown you for speaking about some out of state "gangs".

Old 06-20-2011, 08:28 PM

and like I said, that shows you don't live in the city. The only people who call the local crews in Detroit "gangs" are suburbanites. If you lived in the city (hood or not), you would know different
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit