Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2006, 05:37 PM

18 posts, read 122,150 times

Advertisements

Is Commerce City safe? How is real estate?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2006, 08:39 PM

11,826 posts, read 34,430,278 times
It's a reality new residential area. You can call the Adams County Sherrif's office for crime stats ( I really wouldn't believe anything unless verified)

The best neighborhood up there is Shea Homes' Reunion. The Parade of Homes is there this year (tix at King Soopers)

Prices for the low $200's for a single family. Car insurance is higher, for lack of track record.

Old 07-29-2006, 08:49 PM

161 posts, read 731,065 times
not safe at all, third class all the way. learn spanish if you want to live there. so called new commerce city is near DIA, but very high taxes, around $4000 per $250k home!!!!!!!!! go south littleton, highlands ranch, lonetree,,,,,,warning avoid Commerce city.

Old 07-30-2006, 09:34 AM

source of your information?

Old 07-30-2006, 04:51 PM

161 posts, read 731,065 times
i lived in Denver area for 17 years now, Commerce city has always been the most undesirable area in Metro denver. its a joke that they are hosting parade of homes this year. some commerce city residents will not drink their municipal water!!! Aurora is not much better. i had my aurora townhome listed for almost a year and sold it at 8% lost. there is a reason why Aurora and commerce city have the most affordable homes in denver area. check around, real estate agents have nothing bad to say about these areas, but they know buyers will always be attracted towards price of homes.Thus, they steer low-income buyers to aurora and commerce city. the new southland shopping is very nice. however, their property tax is double what i pay in denver!!!!!!!..resale homes in aurora, will sell for 25% less than, comprable homes in highlands ranch, or littleton. i rather pay extra 55k for a house to live in littleton.

Old 07-30-2006, 05:17 PM

go visit the farmer's market up there, go tour the model homes. yes it is affordable. Someplaces will aways be more affordable than others. so what. If that is all someone can afford, and that is where they can get the most house for their hard earned dollar...it is their decision. Not all parts of Denver are great, littleton has an armpit section too.

They have hosted the Parade in a different subsivision every year. Shea makes a nice community. I am looking forward to going on Realtor Day on Wednesday.

Old 07-30-2006, 05:50 PM

137 posts, read 774,427 times
When I was in Denver, Parker was a little more affordable, and a little more cowboyesk... but I have a feeling that Parker is about even with Highlands Ranch for prices now... I haven't lived there in 6 years.

Old 07-30-2006, 07:53 PM

1,088 posts, read 6,341,283 times
I think it depends on what part of Commerce City you are asking about. The older part is awful. Lots of crime and very little investment into the community. The newer part is new so it is nice right now. Would I expect it to stay nice? Probably for a few years but not in the long term. Yes you will get more house for your money but the cheaper houses usually bring along with them lower income residents who are more likely to not care about keeping up their property. Also look at what it is surrounded by. The bad part of Denver, Thornton, Brighton and the airport. Since these areas are close you can expect their residents to move to the new Commerce City and bringing their problems with them, and areas near airports never retain property values very well because of the noise. Of course I don't know how close airplanes come to the area maybe somebody knows more about this.

Old 07-30-2006, 08:24 PM

I disagree. You put nice people in decent homes and they take care of themselves and their community. Ownership vs rental.

way better than stuffing 5 people in a 2 bedroom apartment.

Old 07-30-2006, 08:46 PM

1,088 posts, read 6,341,283 times
Believe what you want but 20 years ago the ghettos of Aurora where new and nice. Now they're a pit. History has a way of repeating itself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver