Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 03:17 PM

3 posts, read 5,783 times

Advertisements

hi!
i'm a 30 yr old female that plans on visiting denver next week. i'm visiting with the very big possibility of moving there next summer. i have read many of the posts on this board and have done some research. i'm renting a car and taking a look at the following apartment complexes:

Alexan Belmar
6515 E. Union
Perisidio Apartments
Aero Flats At Stapleton
Bentley Apartments

does anyone have any information on these apartments and locations? i'm looking for a 1 bdrm for under $900. are there any other neighborhoods that you would suggest for a single female? after i return the car on friday, i plan on riding public transportation and the light rail to get a feel for it during rush hour. is there anything else that you suggest i should look into? i would really like to go the art museum, but finding a good neighborhood/apartment is my main concern.

i also plan on going to target, king soopers and whole foods just to get an idea on prices. i'm sure any where is cheaper than nyc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2009, 06:00 PM

26,239 posts, read 49,123,150 times
Sounds like a plan. Expect weather in the mid-80's with dry air and sunshine, nights in the mid-50's to mid-60's.

Drink a LOT of water when you get here to avoid dehydration while visiting, else you could have a very lousy time.

The light rail has a stop at Union Station, from which you walk over to the 16th Street Pedestrian Mall, which runs a good 1.5 miles with free bus that stops each block. Full of eateries, shopping, coffee, lots of people to talk to. If you're a book worm, try the Tattered Cover Bookstore, just a block from Union Station. Lots to do down in that area, known as LoDo.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 08-22-2009, 09:38 PM

thank you! are you familiar with any area apartments?

Old 08-22-2009, 10:11 PM

5,089 posts, read 15,416,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCLatina View Post
hi!
i'm a 30 yr old female that plans on visiting denver next week. i'm visiting with the very big possibility of moving there next summer. i have read many of the posts on this board and have done some research. i'm renting a car and taking a look at the following apartment complexes:

Alexan Belmar
6515 E. Union
Perisidio Apartments
Aero Flats At Stapleton
Bentley Apartments

does anyone have any information on these apartments and locations? i'm looking for a 1 bdrm for under $900. are there any other neighborhoods that you would suggest for a single female? after i return the car on friday, i plan on riding public transportation and the light rail to get a feel for it during rush hour. is there anything else that you suggest i should look into? i would really like to go the art museum, but finding a good neighborhood/apartment is my main concern.

i also plan on going to target, king soopers and whole foods just to get an idea on prices. i'm sure any where is cheaper than nyc.
I am a little confused by your post. The apartments you have picked are all over the Denver Metro area from Stapelton, to DTC, to Belmar and to South Jefferson County.

Every one of these areas have much different amenities. Are you not going to work and have no concern for having an easy commute?? Are you just deciding to move to the Denver metro area without regards to the differences in neighborhoods.

I do not think it is a good idea to pick a place to move based solely on the look of the apartments. You did state you are looking for a good neighborhood but these locations are so different. And yet, none of these apartments would be considered a traditional urban neighborhood, as you would find in NYC, if that is what you are trying to replicate.

Since you mentioned visiting the Art museum, I would assume you are sophisticated and educated. You mentioned public transit and that would be more concentrated within the City of Denver.

Now I am an ex New Yorker and this is not New York City. However, you can live cheaper and have a relaxing pace and still live within the city of Denver. Also, you must realize that Denver is more spread out and less dense than NYC and public transit is not as extensive.

I had to look up all these apartments, as we in the area are not familiar with apartment names as people would in "the city".

The Bentley Apartments as it is out in suburbia with minimum public transit---good bus service, good neighborhood but far removed out in Southern Jefferson County.

6515 E. Union and the Presidio is at the Denver Tech Center--an area dominated by a big office park.

Belmar is a new urban neighborhood in Lakewood, a suburbs. Stapelton is a new urban neighborhood which is the location of the Aero Flat Apartments--these apartments on the edge of a changing neighborhood, the southern edge on Montview, of the old Denver airport site and is your only choice in Denver.

So many differences--what do you have in mind??? You really do not mention what you like in a neighborhood.

Livecontent

Last edited by livecontent; 08-22-2009 at 10:26 PM..

Old 08-22-2009, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by livecontent View Post
I am a little confused by your post. The apartments you have picked are all over the Denver Metro area from Stapelton, to DTC, to Belmar and to South Jefferson County.

Every one of these areas have much different amenities. Are you not going to work and have no concern for having an easy commute?? Are you just deciding to move to the Denver metro area without regards to the differences in neighborhoods.

I do not think it is a good idea to pick a place to move based solely on the look of the apartments. You did state you are looking for a good neighborhood but these locations are so different. And yet, none of these apartments would be considered a traditional urban neighborhood, as you would find in NYC, if that is what you are trying to replicate.

Since you mentioned visiting the Art museum, I would assume you are sophisticated and educated. You mentioned public transit and that would be more concentrated within the City of Denver.

Now I am an ex New Yorker and this is not New York City. However, you can live cheaper and have a relaxing pace and still live within the city of Denver. Also, you must realize that Denver is more spread out and less dense than NYC and public transit is not as extensive.

I had to look up all these apartments, as we in the area are not familiar with apartment names as people would in "the city".

The Bentley Apartments as it is out in suburbia with minimum public transit---good bus service, good neighborhood but far removed out in Southern Jefferson County.

6515 E. Union and the Presidio is at the Denver Tech Center--an area dominated by a big office park.

Belmar is a new urban neighborhood in Lakewood, a suburbs. Stapelton is a new urban neighborhood which is the location of the Aero Flat Apartments--these apartments on the edge of a changing neighborhood, the southern edge on Montview, of the old Denver airport site and is your only choice in Denver.

So many differences--what do you have in mind??? You really do not mention what you like in a neighborhood.

Livecontent

thank you, livecontent. i have read many of your posts on here and was hoping that you would come in here and offer some insight

you are right, i am all over the place. it is due to the fact that i want to see/visit as much of denver as i can in 2 days.

i plan on moving in july of 2010. i am going next week to look at neighborhoods and apartments just to get a feel for denver has to over. i will begin a preliminary job search around april/may, but i will also be prepared to move to denver without a job. public transportation would be nice but i can also purchase a car if necessary.

i understand denver is not nyc. if i wanted nyc i would stay here. i did search for apts in denver, but everything i am coming across is expensive. if you can point me in the right direction i would really appreciate it! alexan belmar is my top pick because of the community aspect i see in the pictures. i love that it has a whole foods, movie theater, bowling alley and shops close by. the same idea with stapleton.

being young and single, and coming from nyc, i am looking for a spacious and affordable apartment. i don't want to move cross country to pay the same amount i am paying now for a tiny one bedroom. the apartment would have to feature a ton of amenities (fitness center, pool, washer & dryer, gated, good security, etc.) in order for me to pay +$1000. while i love art, going out to dance, music, concerts, plays, performing arts and dining out...living right next door to all of it isn't a must. i have no problems driving/commuting to get to where i need to be.

i hope i've cleared up any confusion. out of all the posts i have read these past couple of months, i always look for you thoughts and comments. thanks for any help!

Old 08-23-2009, 12:40 PM

5,089 posts, read 15,416,600 times
What I think you need to do, is to come here on your visit and come back to the forum with questions. You will be more familiar with the area and can understand the comments better.

I would suggest that you take more time in looking at the various neighborhoods of Denver. Denver has much more better values than all of the complexes you have named. I think you can get the security that you need and close by amenities.

I would suggest:

Using the Rail and going to the South Pearl/Louisiana Station, University Station, Southmoor, on Hampden; and continual to look around the DTC. It appears from your list that you desire big new complexes with many services. You can find those in the newer areas of Southeast Denver. You may also be interesting in going more south in Centennial and looking at the complexes near Dry Creek. Or better yet if you want more dense area with shopping, look at the complexes in Lone Tree, near County Line and Lincoln. All these areas are on the Southeast Commuter Rail Corridor.

I will look for your posting when you return. It is hot day in Denver today and I am taking a break from some yard work. We have had the worse raining weather that I can remember. We had severe hail and I had to remove many large trees from my yard, in addition, I had to replace my roof and gutters. Now, that it is hot, I can do some work in the yard because my arthritis is not as bad. This hot dry, low humidity is the reason I like Denver.

Oh, your name gives me the impression that you speak Spanish and may be Puerto Rican. I enjoyed that culture in NYC. You will have some good advantages in this area. The Hispanic culture, people, and the food in Colorado has added to my quality of life--I just wish I could speak the language.

Livecontent

Old 08-24-2009, 07:45 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,259,950 times
Aeroview apartments are more "Stapleton adjacent" than directly in Stapleton. Stapleton itself is to the north across the street, and the other three sides of the complex are older neighborhood with small houses. The complex, I believe, was an old one that was re-done. But it looks nice, is on a bus route - probably a direct route down Montview and 17th to downtown, and probably 10 blocks or less from King Soopers and the Stapleton town center.

Old 08-24-2009, 10:16 AM

291 posts, read 912,542 times
There are also some new apartments that started leasing on the site of the old drive-in at Hampden and Sante Fe (US 285 and US 85). I don't know the name of them but they are close to light rail for downtown and bus/car to the Tech Center for two main locations for jobs. This is just one of many to chose from, but being new, they may be offering discounts to get them filled. Of course, who can say about 2010. They're also across the street from Englewood City Center and River Point.

Old 08-25-2009, 11:06 AM

6,288 posts, read 11,794,120 times
I like the neighborhoods immediately west of downtown. They've got a younger/30s something sort of vibe to them. And they're older neighbhoods, so they've lots of trees which is nice in the summer.

You'll find groceries cheaper, but restaurants are cheaper (and better) in NYC.

Anyway, welcome to Colorado I think you'll like it a lot.

Old 08-25-2009, 11:18 AM

2,561 posts, read 5,819,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Bckr View Post
There are also some new apartments that started leasing on the site of the old drive-in at Hampden and Sante Fe (US 285 and US 85). I don't know the name of them but they are close to light rail for downtown and bus/car to the Tech Center for two main locations for jobs. This is just one of many to chose from, but being new, they may be offering discounts to get them filled. Of course, who can say about 2010. They're also across the street from Englewood City Center and River Point.

http://alexancitycenter.com/ I had to look them up myself as I frequently drive right past that area. Nice bike trails close by.and yes close to light rail.

Last edited by Scott5280; 08-25-2009 at 11:26 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver