Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 11:30 PM

64 posts, read 162,880 times

Advertisements

Hello!

Does anyone know of a stylist that has experience with black hair?

I searched the forums but I couldn't find anything.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2008, 09:41 AM

3,530 posts, read 9,722,465 times
Which area are you looking for? I'm half black so mine isn't as tight, but I've had some impossible times finding someone. I finally found Indigo Salon, but lately I've been annoyed with them because lately they just won't answer their phone anymore. Also, their owner is the only one to see, but she's always booked for months.

I found one other salon on a website (naturallycurly.com) that everyone is oohing over, but I haven't had the guts to go in. It's called Shapes and they are in Lodo/Highlands, or Lo-Hi. They specialize in the New York-invented style Deva. Every stylist has trained in New Yorka the Devachan salon. I'm thinking about going there. Shapes Salon and Studio: a Denver, Colorado salon specializing in Schwarzkopf hair color and curly hair.

If you are looking for a black black salon, there are tons on east colfax, up by East High. Hope this helps.

Old 09-21-2008, 12:44 PM

64 posts, read 162,880 times
East,

I live in the Littleton/Denver area. But I'm willing to travel no more than about 45 minutes for a GOOD GOOD stylist.

Let me know about the the new salon you are going to; I don't have time for stylist that don't want to answer the phone.

Have you tried a salon called Rumors? I think its in Aurora. It's suppose to be able to do all textures of hair.

Old 09-22-2008, 09:44 AM

Rumors...that sounds familiar. I had a hard time with black salons because they are so used to the tight curl and they really just wanted to straighten my hair out. I think they really didn't know what to do with my curls. If I ever get the guts to try Shapes, I'll let you know. I certainly can't go on without a cut!

Old 07-29-2009, 08:21 AM

2 posts, read 18,949 times
Default Looking 4 African American Salons 4 (Locs)

Hello everyone do anyone know where I can go to get Locs for my hair? And a good place to go to?

Old 07-29-2009, 09:47 AM

357 posts, read 1,286,800 times
what kind of locs do you want?

I had sisterlocks put in my hair and can recommend someone to do that. she's awesome and is in denver.

it's hard to find locs in salons here I think. Rumors (denver) has a loctician.

Old 07-29-2009, 10:12 AM

I thought I updated this thread. I tried Shapes. A good cut, but wayyyyy too expensive. Around $75. And not a black salon whatsoever. I'm going to keep trying.

Old 07-29-2009, 12:08 PM

2 posts, read 18,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaCACO View Post
what kind of locs do you want?

I had sisterlocks put in my hair and can recommend someone to do that. she's awesome and is in denver.

it's hard to find locs in salons here I think. Rumors (denver) has a loctician.

Will I'm a male so I'm trying to see what loc do they have for guys. I been reseaching on here I don't really see anything.

Old 07-29-2009, 01:50 PM

91 posts, read 340,330 times
Try Hollywood Barbershop on the corner of Colfax and Josephine. I was in there with a friend and it had a cool vibe.

Old 07-29-2009, 05:50 PM

357 posts, read 1,286,800 times
sisterlocks can be done on guys (though they do the locks a bigger size and call them brotherlocks). check out the website www.sisterlocks.com, and google brotherlocks and see some images. they can make them thick or thin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver