Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 11:14 AM

51 posts, read 159,096 times

Advertisements

I live in NY and I'm looking to relocate, all we want is a safe area that is good for raising kids so we can start our life while our first child is still young. I do wonder about weather in this area are the storms bad and frequent? My fiance has family in lakewood and I've been there once but that was not enough to help me out except that the views are beautiful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2009, 01:25 PM

26,269 posts, read 49,188,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheredoibelong? View Post
I live in NY and I'm looking to relocate, all we want is a safe area that is good for raising kids so we can start our life while our first child is still young. I do wonder about weather in this area are the storms bad and frequent? My fiance has family in lakewood and I've been there once but that was not enough to help me out except that the views are beautiful.
There is an index of threads at the top of the list, weather is more than covered in several threads. Millions live here.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 05-01-2009, 01:49 PM

Thank you ,if anyone can send me local papers or real estate bookelts that would be wonderful

Old 05-01-2009, 04:26 PM

5,747 posts, read 12,070,452 times
I suggest perusing a national real estate site (not sure if I can mention one here, but there are several good ones) for the most up-to-date listings rather than asking somebody here to send you a booklet. The Denver Post is on-line, and it thoroughly covers the weather. Many smaller metro communities also have papers. You can find them by using your favorite search engine. Here's one for Highlands Ranch.

Old 05-01-2009, 04:27 PM

128 posts, read 438,145 times
Local news media usually have internet sites, you can use google to find them Also try craigslist to see what is available and for what price if you can't get a hold of locally printed media. Combine that with Google maps street view and you can see what the neighborhoods look like.

Only major problem I see with Highlands Ranch off the top of my head is that it is on the extreme southern edge of Denver so if your job is north of I-70 your daily commute may become annoying quickly (depending on what you are used to, it's all relative).

Check the stickies at the top of this forum and use the search engine, neighborhood and school questions have been asked a bajillion times If you need specific answers that aren't addressed in them someone here can help you out.

Old 05-01-2009, 06:58 PM

Thank you !!

Old 05-01-2009, 09:57 PM

119 posts, read 469,883 times
realtor.com
realasave.com

those sites are useful when looking for homes.

Old 05-02-2009, 05:53 AM

thanks again I appreciate it, I will continue my search to see if this is the place for me, I really have not left NY so it's scary, especially knowing they have tornados

Old 05-02-2009, 10:21 AM

291 posts, read 913,204 times
The weather is great here. We have the changes of seasons but not the extemes. Lots of sun and low humidity. As far as tornados go, you have a better chance of being hit by a boxing kangaroo than to even see a tornado.

Old 05-02-2009, 12:03 PM

128 posts, read 438,145 times
This is Colorado...not Kansas, not Oklahoma, not Nebraska, and not north Texas...the movie "Twister" does not really apply in this state Do not fear the tornados...see Jerry's response to flamingo in the "Highlands Ranch" thread for another accurate assessment
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver