Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2009, 01:14 PM

56 posts, read 210,593 times

Advertisements

I've been looking at jobs in Denver and there are......none! I'm planning to move from NYC where it seems like there is an abundance of jobs in comparison to Denver. I mean you cant walk thru Denver area and stop by every restaurant that's on that block to see if they are hiring. There are no restaurants. This is a serious questions - where do I look for work in Denver. I am in administration and my b-friend in sales.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2009, 02:19 PM

792 posts, read 3,136,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy29 View Post
I've been looking at jobs in Denver and there are......none!.
Hence why I left at end of 2007 to come back east. If you have a job and loose one (in NYC) you just go find a new one. Out there different story as you can be up ****s creek.

Quote:
I'm planning to move from NYC where it seems like there is an abundance of jobs in comparison to Denver.!.
An understatement.

Quote:
This is a serious questions - where do I look for work in Denver. I am in administration and my b-friend in sales.
Try indeed.com, linkedin.com, and maybe denver jobbing.com for starters.

Old 04-28-2009, 07:52 PM

56 posts, read 210,593 times
Un understatement? OMG is it that bad.

Old 04-29-2009, 09:12 AM

360 posts, read 1,126,392 times
I think outside Washington DC, which is booming because of government stimulus money, it is much harder everywhere else to find a job. I am planning to work with the temp agencies in Denver this summer to see if I could be placed temporarily until things improve. You never know when you might be in line for a permanent position when hiring resumes, and of course it's a great idea to do your job very well during this temp phase. Don't get discouraged, it's not just Denver.

Here is a nice summary put out by the CofC, I check it often:

Metro Denver Business Economy & Economic Summary Archive

Remember, after a recession has ended, jobs and hiring are usually the last to rebound. I guess it's just the way the capitalism works??? I wasn't an Eco major, sorry.

Old 04-29-2009, 11:04 AM

369 posts, read 966,191 times
Funny - I have a good friend who's looking to get out of NYC because there aren't any jobs.

You can't walk around Denver and hit a bunch of employers because it's mostly a sprawling, car-based metro area, like most cities west of the Mississippi. So you'd need to drive around. Or go online and send emails.

Old 04-29-2009, 11:25 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,710,427 times
Look into monster. Just enter your job title and it will fetch from Denver, Co.

Old 04-30-2009, 09:18 AM

2,942 posts, read 1,637,367 times
Quote:
I've been looking at jobs in Denver and there are......none! I'm planning to move from NYC where it seems like there is an abundance of jobs in comparison to Denver. I mean you cant walk thru Denver area and stop by every restaurant that's on that block to see if they are hiring. There are no restaurants. This is a serious questions - where do I look for work in Denver. I am in administration and my b-friend in sales.
Check out Oklahoma City or Tulsa, right next door to Colorado, and a lot more job opportunities.

Old 04-30-2009, 03:46 PM

118 posts, read 403,432 times
Your other thread mentioned you're an Admin Asst. You might try looking in health sciences, such as Univ of Colorado - Anschutz campus, National Jewish or any of the other research centers.

Regarding your other thread as well, keep in mind that while the wages aren't as high as NYC, neither is the cost of living.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver