Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 11:28 PM

1,114 posts, read 3,148,839 times

Advertisements

A while ago I wrote a post about what I disliked about Denver. I wrote it in a very nice and civil way. My complaints were not offensive. But still, I had a lot of sour people saying "Move", "Get out", "You won't be happy anywhere", "You must be an unhappy person", etc.

It was that good ol' Denver hospitality They were acting like I must have the problem since I didn't like it there.

Well, I took your wonderful advice and I got out of Denver, and I am very happy

I am once again in a place that feels interesting. I can walk out the door and actually talk to people and make friends without getting that stone cold vibe. I am in a place with a strong community, a place full of opportunity, a place where lots of the people have energy and coolness.

I can actually walk places or ride my bike without driving 10 miles through ungodly sprawl. There are hills and valleys. It is not at a high altitude and has nice thick air to breathe. There is a rail system that goes through the whole city. I am a day trip away from several other big cities and the ocean.

These are all things that are lacking in Denver. And these are all things that many, many other places do have, that Denver is missing out on.

Denver had a few good qualities, and every place has its downside. But I for one I am extremely happy to be out of there. I have lived in a lot of different places, and Denver was one of the most colorless and uninteresting experiences i've ever had.

The only cool part about Denver are the escapes to the mountains that are 40 minutes away. To those of you who told me to get out of Denver, I thank you very much. That was great advice you gave me. You are awesome

You can keep your mountains, your insular culture of extreme privacy, and your boring, safe streets. It's not enough for me. I want something more.

Adios

Old 02-20-2009, 12:22 AM

90 posts, read 369,445 times
Quote:
I have lived in a lot of different places, and Denver was one of the most colorless and uninteresting experiences i've ever had.
I have lived a lot of different places too, and I 100% completely disagree with practically everything you just wrote. Congratulations on having an opinion though.

Old 02-20-2009, 12:30 AM

11,715 posts, read 40,648,180 times
So where is this supposed paradise that you're off to?

Old 02-20-2009, 12:33 AM

5,610 posts, read 23,428,568 times
Maybe someday you'll actually grow up. Until then, stay out of trouble, and good luck with your next adventures.

Old 02-20-2009, 12:33 AM

3,941 posts, read 14,780,898 times
Aurora

Old 02-20-2009, 12:43 AM

59 posts, read 160,497 times
Congratulations! Glad you found a place you like. I live in CO, but not Denver. I don't think I would like Denver either, but... there are people who love it. That is what is so great about this country; we are free to move and live where ever we want (if we can afford it, and/or make a living there.)

I agree with what you said; there are those on this forum who give their opinions all the time, but have no patience if you have one bad thing to say about Colorado. They LOVE to attack, especially if you come from someplace else. (Does that ever get old....) Glad you found a place that is a good fit for you (where ever it is!!)

Old 02-20-2009, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaspilgrim View Post
Maybe someday you'll actually grow up. Until then, stay out of trouble, and good luck with your next adventures.
Just because I critisize Denver and what's happening there does not make me not "grown up".

I just don't like Denver. That's my opinion. I've seen others here post the same opinions. We are not wrong, that's just how we see things.

Old 02-20-2009, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmyopinion View Post
Congratulations! Glad you found a place you like. I live in CO, but not Denver. I don't think I would like Denver either, but... there are people who love it. That is what is so great about this country; we are free to move and live where ever we want (if we can afford it, and/or make a living there.)

I agree with what you said; there are those on this forum who give their opinions all the time, but have no patience if you have one bad thing to say about Colorado. They LOVE to attack, especially if you come from someplace else. (Does that ever get old....) Glad you found a place that is a good fit for you (where ever it is!!)
Yup, some people on this forum have a huge pride in their city. It seems like they just totally can't stand anything bad said about it. Even if it's said very tastefully and well-written, and you repeatedly say that it's just your opinion (like your name).

I can't relate to it myself because i've always moved around a lot and don't really have a "hometown". I wonder if some of these people walk around everywhere wearing Broncos jackets and hats

Old 02-20-2009, 06:29 AM

75 posts, read 304,853 times
I will say that I absolutely love Denver, the weather, and the mountains. I grew up and lived in Grand Rapids, MI for the first 27 years of my life and while I felt at home, I was not all upset to leave it. Between the crappy and cloudy weather, lack of outdoor activities (except beaches in summer), and a bad economy, I am much happier here in Denver then I ever was in Michigan. Albeit I live just outside of Denver in the country, I like that I have a big city 20 - 30 minutes away.

But I do respect that while I may love it here, everyone is different and is entitled to form their own opinions.

Old 02-20-2009, 06:35 AM

247 posts, read 749,896 times
I am curious Monk, where did you wind up deciding to move? And why?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver