Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 02:18 PM

27 posts, read 73,442 times

Advertisements

Decent sized yard....have to boot the kids outside, not like it was when I was a little kid. All of them are in organized sports.

With the price of gas, would be nice having grocery shopping, some restaurants, etc. close by. While not needing walking distance, would be nice not to have to drive 10 minutes.

I've read about some newer developments that have been hit by foreclosures. Are there new homes available for around $300k in the areas we are talking about?

Thanks....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2008, 02:21 PM

6 posts, read 15,223 times
Good Luck with the move Jake! I just posted yesterday with similar questions and everyone online has been VERY helpful!
Is funny you mentioned about IKEA...I was just telling my husband the other night that before we move from Fort Worth, we will have to make a list and go to the Plano or Austin Ikea's before we move, since the closest is 8 hours away! Now we won't have to - Yeah!
Again, best of luck with the move!

Old 09-11-2008, 02:29 PM

Hey, thanks Jewels. Appreciate that. However......you're probably looking at 2 years before Ikea opens their doors in Colorado. Lots to do first!

May have to still make that trip to Plano (*Napoleon Dynamite voice* "Lucky!").

Old 09-11-2008, 02:29 PM

90,295 posts, read 121,161,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Gittes View Post
"Well, I don't know a lot about the southern suburban schools. I would say, though, that there are many options for a school such as you describe."

Katiana...

We need to live close to Centennial. I'm reading about Cherry Creek, Littleton, and Douglas. What am I overlooking?
Someone more familiar with the southern suburbs will have to help you. There is also South Denver proper.

Old 09-11-2008, 02:43 PM

11,858 posts, read 34,557,050 times
There are 11 on the market now. Who knows what the market will be like in 18 months to 2 years from now, except it will be differnt than today.

Old 09-11-2008, 02:46 PM

The main employees who will run the store will be in the area about 18 months before the store opens.

Old 09-11-2008, 03:12 PM

11,858 posts, read 34,557,050 times
Wow, 18 month before hand - what are they doing? swinging a hammer? getting to know the locals?

Old 09-11-2008, 04:33 PM

1,921 posts, read 4,788,192 times
Well, they are hiring mostly local, so I'm sure there's some training going on, but 18 months seem long to train. Maybe so you can soak up some of this intense sun before working.

I'm not sure if you can get a new construction in cherry creek school district with your needs such as yard for $300K, they tend to be older homes needing updates and even at $300K they're usually fixer-uppers. That said, I did see one home in our neighborhood for sale at $300K and it was pretty dated, but it did have a decent lot in a cul-de-sac. It's just steps away from Cottonwood Creek elementary (a good CCSD school) so it seems like a nice place to walk your kids to.

Parker may be less expensive but I'm not sure. Highlands Ranch is newer build but probably priced higher up, especially if you want yard.

Old 09-11-2008, 04:44 PM

5,113 posts, read 19,818,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Gittes View Post

From my research, Littleton, Parker (Clark Farms, Stonegate, Pinery Glen - parks, trees, trails), and Southglenn sound the most promising. Any really cool neighborhoods in those areas, or that I'm missing, with trails, trees, etc.? I don't have a good handle on the school district for south Parker.
The house my family was going to purchase(one of the foreclosing banks backed out a few days before closing.. GRR!!) was in Pinery Glen. We visited the neighborhood and the schools.

Mtn View Elementary is K-3 and located across the road from Pinery Glen in the Pinery neighborhood(there were deer grazing on the field next to the school, which was cool). The staff and teachers were very nice and helpful on our visit.

Northeast Elementary is 4-6 and located up Parker Rd a block or two from the neighborhood.

I didn't check out the highschool and jr high, but they were rated well enough that I was okay with that. I believe the high school is very big into athletics as well

Honestly we loved the neighborhood. They seem to be very tightly knit and have a lot of neighborhood activities during things like Halloween, July 4, etc. I'm hoping that when our opportunity to move comes up again we can find a house there.

Anyways, good luck

Old 09-11-2008, 05:38 PM

6 posts, read 15,223 times
Thanks Jake! Yeah, but I don't think I will be getting up to Denver for at least another 6 months minimum....so...not so long a wait! Again...best of luck with the move!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver