Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 03:45 PM

3,530 posts, read 9,721,676 times

Advertisements

Has anyone been to this fairly new comedy club? More specifically, have you eaten there?

I'm thinking of surprising my husband to a 7:30 pm Sat. showing, but if we do that, we'll probably eat there. They have a full menu, but I'm used to clubs having just bar food and he won't like that. Supposedly, though, this venue has a higher class menu.

Anyone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2008, 03:54 PM

618 posts, read 1,366,571 times
Their food is okay - but not spectacular. I've been there several times and I usually go to one of the restaurants located nearby before the show - I personally like Ling and Louies and La Sandia.

By the way, you can get free tickets to Saturdays show by entering the promo code "Drew" when purchasing online or by calling the box office and asking for the Drew Hastings email special.

Old 07-17-2008, 04:04 PM

really? free? no way!! wow, thanks for the pointer! We've been to La Sandia and Ling and Louies. They are both ok, but I'm thinking far better than the Improv based on what you are saying. My H hates "bar" food. So think we should opt away from the dinner at Improv?

Also, how early do you really have to be there to get a good seat? Site says doors open 2 hrs. before, showroom opens 1/2 hr. before.

Old 07-17-2008, 04:35 PM

Free. Really. With the money saved from buying tickets, you could really live it up!

If your hubby hates "bar" food, don't eat at the improv - plus the service there can be really bad - which can be annoying if you need to eat. If you want drinks, it is usually best to start at the bar before the show b/c the showroom staff if often spread thin.

As far as seating goes, it is really a crapshoot. If it is a big show, you will have to be there early. The show on Saturday probably won't be packed and you probably can get a good spot 15 minutes before the show. I usually don't get there until right before the start.

Old 07-17-2008, 04:38 PM

I'm thinking of doing the Brazillian Steakhouse before the show. We've been once before and it was wonderful! So we'd be able to just walk right over. I can't get their website to cooperate for me, although I was tinkering around on it yesterday, so I'll clear my temp files and such and see if that works.

Thanks again for the thoughts, you've really helped me out!

Old 07-17-2008, 04:49 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Sounds like fun! What's the occasion?

Old 07-17-2008, 08:25 PM

140 posts, read 429,650 times
Oh yeah! Churrascarias are awesome. There are many Brazilians down here in Orlando so I know my churrasco!

Old 07-18-2008, 09:10 AM

Katiana: It's my husband's birthday. Last year I held a surprise party and omg you should have seen his face!! This year it's sort of a surprise, although I'm sure he'll figure it up when we pull up to the steakhouse. I love Brazillian food, oh and cachaça, yummm (Brazillian rum used to make caipirinha's, trust me I know my rum!!!)

Frozen: You mean if I ever get to move to Miami I'll be eating Brazillian too?? I better lose some weight now to make up for the weight I gain there! hahaha

Old 07-18-2008, 10:25 AM

well, I'm worried. My first interaction with Denver Improv was a very bad one. I'm hesitant to go there, free tix or not. Sometimes free is just not worth it.

The site won't allow me to purchase tix. Maybe it's my system. So I tried calling. I kept getting a voice mail prompt saying the box office opens at 10am, but I didn't get thru until just now. The person I spoke with was really rude and unhelpful, when I asked for her supervisor's name, she refused. I did get her name. Don't know what to do with that. It's almost not worth complaining because I'm sure I'm not the first to deal with her. Besides, a company that operates like that may not be worth my time and/or money.

bummer, so now what? comedy works? bovine theater? chicken lips?

Old 07-18-2008, 01:23 PM

Their box office staff can be quite rude. The showroom and bar staff are friendlier, but, like I said, spread thin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of: