Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2007, 05:18 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,458,848 times

Advertisements

Is there ever any serious talk of either happening?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2007, 09:59 PM

320 posts, read 1,733,636 times
maybe they can gate it off and call it Coto De Highlands.

thats for the Cali crowd

Old 11-02-2007, 10:21 PM

260 posts, read 1,438,824 times
It doesn't seem like it.

Old 11-02-2007, 11:16 PM

11,830 posts, read 34,444,869 times
It is probably our future. Either Lone Tree or the new Castle Pines city (pending the vote next Tuesday) could annex based on proximity - I think Lone Tree will make a move and then HR will smell the roses and incorporate...but nothing is being discussed publically.

Old 11-03-2007, 09:32 AM

676 posts, read 2,797,563 times
I think Lone Tree annexed Park Meadows area not to long ago. Before that it had an Englewood address (go figure). As far as Lone Tree annexing highlands ranch I think that would be doubtful. The city has fairly limited resources since its population is probably around 10,000 right now and I don't think they even have a fire dept. yet. With such a small base of services it would be hard to handle the massive population gain they would get from that move. Not to mention that Highlands Ranch is fairly large in geography. I think that part of it might get pick up by Lone tree but not the entire thing. I could see centennial and Littleton grabbing it up before that happens though, maybe even it become its own city

Old 11-03-2007, 09:35 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
I think it would be a good idea. The northern suburbs are virtually all incorporated. I think it gives a better sense of identity. JMO.

Old 11-03-2007, 11:34 AM

11,830 posts, read 34,444,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveco. View Post
I think Lone Tree annexed Park Meadows area not to long ago. Before that it had an Englewood address (go figure). As far as Lone Tree annexing highlands ranch I think that would be doubtful. The city has fairly limited resources since its population is probably around 10,000 right now and I don't think they even have a fire dept. yet. With such a small base of services it would be hard to handle the massive population gain they would get from that move. Not to mention that Highlands Ranch is fairly large in geography. I think that part of it might get pick up by Lone tree but not the entire thing. I could see centennial and Littleton grabbing it up before that happens though, maybe even it become its own city
It's doubtful that Centennial (with it's own service issues) and Littleton would fight to annex HR which is in Douglas County.

Littleton did annex a small Jeffco subdivision near Chatfield.

You can create a city and contract with the county for services.

There is a Dougco Sheriff substation on Lincoln. HR has a few fire stations - there is also one on South Yosemite....

You never know what may happen...HR has a lot of property tax & sales tax income.

Old 11-03-2007, 01:08 PM

676 posts, read 2,797,563 times
I think too that many of the HOAs take care of the minor things such as the rec centers and the snow removal issues as well as taking care of the streets also. I think that highlands ranch has one big HOA that oversees the entire development.

Old 11-03-2007, 01:26 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveco. View Post
I think too that many of the HOAs take care of the minor things such as the rec centers and the snow removal issues as well as taking care of the streets also. I think that highlands ranch has one big HOA that oversees the entire development.
I kind of like the idea of a city government that has to be responsible to the electorate. You don't get that with an HOA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver