Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2013, 02:26 PM

108 posts, read 241,594 times

Advertisements

My wife and I will be visiting some relatives in Loveland but we will be staying in Denver. I had a time looking for a hotel since I am not sure where the best location is whether it is Lo-Do, Cherry Creek or by the Airport. I noticed that the hotel rates were a lot higher from March to April is there a big event going on around April 23rd? Are there any recommendations that is a must see or must do and as a visitor is better to drive or take the monorail system? Where or what area should we avoid because of crime or something not worth the time or trouble? Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'm from San Antonio but born in Colorado so I'm a Broncos, Nuggets fan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2013, 03:34 PM

1,912 posts, read 4,692,236 times
The last place I'd stay in Denver is by the Airport. Not much going on out there. I prefer LoDo but Cherry Creek wouldn't be bad either, plenty of restaurants in that area.

Old 03-13-2013, 03:37 PM

5,528 posts, read 12,684,024 times
What kinds of things do you like to do?

Staying at the airport would not be a good idea because it is so far out of town in the middle of nowhere. LoDo and Cherry Creek are probably the most expensive areas to stay in, so maybe you should change your search. You could stay at one of the many hotels in the Denver Tech Center, for example, and take the light rail (there is no monorail in Denver) to downtown. The light rail takes you to the Pepsi Center, if you want to see a Nuggets game.

Old 03-13-2013, 03:57 PM

356 posts, read 624,785 times
There are more areas in downtown than just LoDo. I would focus on 16th St. Mall area which will afford you tons of options and plenty of transportation options (lightrail, 16th St. shuttle, walking, rent-a-bike, cab, etc.)

Old 03-13-2013, 11:45 PM

529 posts, read 1,549,436 times
If you are going to be visiting Loveland I would recommend staying in one of the northern suburbs of Denver. This way you will be a similar distance to both Loveland and the Denver metro area. Look at Thornton, Westminster, or Broomfield for hotels. I wouldn't stay in Denver proper, due to higher prices and more congestion. For a list of things to do just check out the internet! I would reccomend visiting Rocky Mountain National Park, it's only 30 minutes from Loveland. As for rail or road, currently the Denver light rail only serves the south metro area, but on April 29th the west line will open! If you can take the light rail, do it. Check out RTD.com for the routes and schedules.

Old 03-15-2013, 07:14 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,040,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMM64 View Post
If you are going to be visiting Loveland I would recommend staying in one of the northern suburbs of Denver. This way you will be a similar distance to both Loveland and the Denver metro area. Look at Thornton, Westminster, or Broomfield for hotels. I wouldn't stay in Denver proper, due to higher prices and more congestion. For a list of things to do just check out the internet! I would reccomend visiting Rocky Mountain National Park, it's only 30 minutes from Loveland. As for rail or road, currently the Denver light rail only serves the south metro area, but on April 29th the west line will open! If you can take the light rail, do it. Check out RTD.com for the routes and schedules.
RTD-Denver.com

RTD

Old 03-16-2013, 10:20 PM

529 posts, read 1,549,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
RTD-Denver.com

RTD
Thanks, I can't believe I made that mistake!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver