Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2012, 11:22 AM

66 posts, read 161,300 times

Advertisements

My buddy is visiting next week and I'd like to take him to Coors Field. There are 2 last home games next week. I would love to hear people's thoughts on:

What seats do you prefer?

Night game or day game?

Parking?

Before and after restaurant/sports bars suggestions? (Any places have eat and park specials?)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2012, 12:54 PM

1,123 posts, read 3,110,129 times
Lower level outfield reserve seats are usually the best compromise of cost and viewing experience. Definitely a day game in September. Street parking is unrestricted east of Broadway, and it is about an 8 block walk to the field.

No eat and park specials, but many have specials if you show a game ticket. Sportscolumn is great before the game to sit on the rooftop. Head to Blake St. Tavern afterwards and play some fun bar games.

Old 09-22-2012, 01:47 PM

17,708 posts, read 29,804,344 times
Default Rtd

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael1248 View Post
Parking?
If you can, take the bus.
$2.25/person/trip
no worries about parking
no worries about DUI

Old 09-22-2012, 04:36 PM

8,603 posts, read 14,881,270 times
You might get to see them lose their 100th game...and I bet they get another shot at it next year because I doubt Dick Monfort will fire Dan O'Doofus.

Last edited by bluescreen73; 09-22-2012 at 05:41 PM..

Old 09-22-2012, 04:51 PM

459 posts, read 807,589 times
Transportation: I don't really drive to the games, but I know Billy's Gourmet Hot dogs offered an eat and park special last season. Like Dave I would highly recommend RTD if at all possible, it's cheaper and in most cases faster than driving and parking.

Night vs Day: The optimal time to go to a game is dependent on the time of year. Either night or day are going to be empty since both the Rockies and Cubs are horrible. However this time of year day games are usually more comfortable during the day (50 at night vs 70 at day).

Where to sit: If you go during the day and want to show off the views I would recommend you sit on the 1st base side in the upper deck (325-315). That way you can watch the mountains instead of two Double A teams playing in major league uniforms (Warning: at night those seats could face the sunset).

The cheap seats are obviously the Rockpile and there's nothing wrong with them if you just want to drink a lot and semi-pay attention to the game. Personally, when I care about the game I like to sit somewhere in the outfield on the first level or in the upper deck behind home plate. I have been to Coors hundreds of times and there are not many bad seats in Coors Field, but Coors does not really have an obvious "you absolutely must sit here" area.

Bars: If you like good beer go to Falling Rock or the Great Divide Tap house. For mixed drinks head over to the Cruise Room. If you are just looking for a sports bar-like place to drink the rooftops of Sports Column, Lodo and Downtown Tavern will be relatively relaxing on a weekday (usually those bars are meat markets on the weekends). The 1up barcade is fun as well when it's not overcrowded.

Restaurants: For food on the cheap Biker Jim's , mid-range Buenes Aires Pizza, and higher end Trillium. All the ones I mentioned are near Larimer between 21st and 22nd. There's another stretch of decent restaurants south of Coors Field on Wynkoop as well. However most of the establishments in the immediate area are standard generic bar food which is good when you are in the mood for it.

Old 09-22-2012, 06:56 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,711,654 times
There are some parking garages nearby Coors Field that aren't *too* expensive.

Old 09-23-2012, 09:07 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,613,411 times
There is a parking lot on Lawrence that is a short walk from the ball park. It was $8 to park there the last time we went to a game. We tend to hang out on the roof top of The Sports Column before the game.

Old 09-23-2012, 10:28 PM

5,610 posts, read 23,304,518 times
If you're on a budget, the Pavillions (sections 151-160) are great. It's a step up from the Rockpile-- bench seats, but with a seat back to lean on. Depending on which row you're in you can get pretty close to the [out]field. There is actually a chance you could catch home run balls. If your ticket budget is unlimited, then the best seats are on the lower section on either side of home plate (but not right behind home... you need to be just far enough to the side so you aren't behind the net), as close to the field as possible.

Parking right across from the stadium is $20. A few blocks away parking can be found for $10. If you're willing to walk approx 10 minutes there are surface lots and garages near 18th & Welton for $5-$8 per night.

Just so you won't be disappointed though... you're going to watch a little league baseball team play, not major league.

Old 09-24-2012, 02:44 PM

6,385 posts, read 11,880,321 times
Just buy tickets on Stubhub thousands are available as we speak for way below face value. Just make sure they are electronic delivery so the fees don't get out of hand. The night games are not too cold because they start at 6:40 and it doesn't really cool off until after 9. Daytime is nice, but not a lot of shade so bring sunscreen for a day game.

Old 09-25-2012, 06:39 PM

152 posts, read 323,544 times
if it's a day game, make sure you sit along the 3rd base side (east, west, north, south, what do i know?) ask the ticketing booth, they will know. or just wear lots of sun screen. it gets HOTTTTTTTTTT. but who knows what the weather will be like then, I just don't like sitting in the sun. We actually sat on the mile high seats, it was pretty awesome. and cheap. and that's what you want for rockies games.

we also got free tickets to sit in the wells fargo club seats. now those are NICE!!! but if i have to pay for it myself, i don't think it would be worth it. we are talking about the rockies here....

that said, i love going to baseball games! and we're trying to train our kids to be able to sit through it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver