Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 05:34 PM

659 posts, read 1,016,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bindenver View Post
So now you wish to ditch your broker? https://www.city-data.com/forum/real-...ave-money.html
I was going to! I thought I could save money without him because the house was a bit higher than we could afford but then my husband said to call our agent anyway. I did and it worked out! He ended up getting the house a lot lower than list. He was already aware I might not use him so he didn't care but in the long run he turned out to be a blessing. I learned a lesson, you need an agent at least a good one. because they do know more than simply just looking at the MLS seeing what's for sale ( which I thought that's all they were good for.)

I got in the area I wanted, it was worth waiting. It's been nuts the past 2 days, almost made offer on houses in ares I didn't like only because I was so desperate. But we have a lot of work to do before we even move in but should be nice in a couple months.

I am seriously recommending this guy to everyone in the future.

For the record, with all due respect, you're a bit of an oddball. I don't think I would do business with you seeing how you behave on CD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2012, 05:56 PM

3,176 posts, read 6,224,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceg0720 View Post
This whole thread, just wow - and here I was thrilled to buy my first home (2300sqft) in 2003 for 189,900 in Meadowood, Aurora, (zip 80014 if anyone is interested) of all places. Reading this thread and a lot of other ones has made me realize that there is a wide gulf between those who have 600,000 to play with and those of us who don't. MM sounds like those House Hunters people - pay tons for a house then gut it? My house is not in the best condition - needs lots of work (even after 9 years) ..and I may never fix everything in my lifetime .. but I am happy here ... even if everyone bashes Aurora ... this is my home ..
Agreed. +1

Old 08-03-2012, 01:52 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,396,963 times
Congratulations, Ming Ming. I wish you well.

Old 08-03-2012, 02:55 PM

2,418 posts, read 2,042,013 times
Quote:
This whole thread, just wow - and here I was thrilled to buy my first home (2300sqft) in 2003 for 189,900 in Meadowood, Aurora, (zip 80014 if anyone is interested) of all places. Reading this thread and a lot of other ones has made me realize that there is a wide gulf between those who have 600,000 to play with and those of us who don't. MM sounds like those House Hunters people - pay tons for a house then gut it? My house is not in the best condition - needs lots of work (even after 9 years) ..and I may never fix everything in my lifetime .. but I am happy here ... even if everyone bashes Aurora ... this is my home ..
BIG TIME! best post on this thread

Old 08-03-2012, 05:07 PM

Quote:

you act like I spent millions on a house, there are people near by that have homes that range in the next subdivision but mine isn't and they probably view my area as a ghetto and my house a double wide.

Some houses are not ready to move into. The AC doesn't even work and the house is stuffy and hot, needs new carpet, new wood floors, new kitchen ( it's still the original), a wall torn down and new bathrooms (original) not to mention the builder placed a HUGE window in the bathroom that faces the street, so every time I brush my teeth in the morning my ass will be hanging out the window.
But I love the area so much and so pretty at night looking at the DTC lights and it's peaceful but inside my house is 1985 died there.

Good thing I am on month to month rent so I can get the work done first, otherwise I would be out in the front yard with my tent and sleeping bag. So really... what are you talking about?

Old 08-03-2012, 05:24 PM

26,238 posts, read 49,123,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ming Ming View Post
.... the builder placed a HUGE window in the bathroom that faces the street, so every time I brush my teeth in the morning my ass will be hanging out the window. ....
Oh geeze, there goes the property values in THAT neighborhood.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 08-03-2012, 05:26 PM

I know right? The closet has windows too but it faces of the house.

There's blinds, but seriously what was the builder thinking.

Old 08-03-2012, 05:39 PM

26,238 posts, read 49,123,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ming Ming View Post
I know right? The closet has windows too but it faces of the house.

There's blinds, but seriously what was the builder thinking.
IIRC, modern building codes require a window in the bathroom. I'd not have one at all if I could, but they are a must, so I had mine put in with frosted glass. I'd rather have a muralist paint a scene on the big old wall next to the whirlpool tub, but can't be done with the window there.

I think a lot of modern bathrooms are goofy for having a picture window next to big soaking tub; what are we to do, moon our neighbors whose home is a max of 20 feet away?
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 08-05-2012, 04:26 PM

16 posts, read 16,980 times
I lived in Highlands Ranch, for a family it is great. For an attractive single woman, no one would talk to me! Not a single one of my neighbors the 10 months I was there. Kind of snobby.

Old 08-05-2012, 06:44 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,634,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsisoul1111 View Post
I lived in Highlands Ranch, for a family it is great. For an attractive single woman, no one would talk to me! Not a single one of my neighbors the 10 months I was there. Kind of snobby.
Are you sure it wasn't you being snobby?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver