Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 10:12 AM

7 posts, read 7,785 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone!

I am moving temporarily to Denver - only until November. I am from Maryland, and I will be leaving my boyfriend back home and moving solo.

My new job will be in West Denver, and I am curious what areas of this part of the city are safe and fun for a 29 y/o, solo gal? I have lived in Baltimore many years and I love city living. I don't know how much time I'll have to explore due to a demanding schedule, but I would love to find somewhere that is safe (which of course is a relative term), and where parking is readily available, but somewhere that is also fun and maybe has a coffee shop or two around.

Thanks!

Stephanie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2012, 10:17 AM

17,715 posts, read 29,859,001 times
Default We need more data

What is the address of your new work place in "west" Denver?
How much do you want to spend on rent?

Old 07-11-2012, 02:20 PM

Sorry -- "West" was not supposed to be capitalized

The address of my new office is 3131 W Alameda Ave, 80219, but I'll be traveling all over Denver for work.

Thanks!

Old 07-11-2012, 02:22 PM

For rent, I would like to find a room share for about $500, or a place by myself for no more than $850.

Old 07-11-2012, 04:04 PM

17,715 posts, read 29,859,001 times
Avoid the southwest part of Denver.
Stay north of Colfax Ave (which is secretly 15th Avenue) and east of Broadway (which is 0 north-south).

There is slight exception to this.
You can also look west of Broadway and east of I-25 north of Alameda.

Old 07-11-2012, 04:08 PM

2,394 posts, read 5,003,403 times
Doesn't have to be in Denver either, especially since it's just temporary. Golden is a neat town/area

Old 07-11-2012, 04:33 PM

5,089 posts, read 15,411,820 times
Your office is not the best location and I would not live near. The best nearest place to live would be west on Alameda, past Sheridan and in and around Wadsworth and Alameda in Lakewood. The Denver western boundary is Sheridan Blvd. That would give you an easy commute to your office. That is entirely different type of world, much safer and with Belmar, the new urban development at the southeast corner. You could not afford to live in Belmar but there are many apartments in and around that are more affordable. You could also consider an extended stay suite hotel, more affordable if you contract for a month or longer stay.

Livecontent

Old 07-12-2012, 08:00 AM

Thank you for all of your suggestions/advice!

The more I think about it, I would prefer to live by myself and could probably afford more than I initially thought. I would love to find a place with gym/fitness center access.

Is the Acoma in Golden Triangle a nice place? I found a deal on CL that I might take!

Thanks again!

Old 07-12-2012, 08:18 AM

2,394 posts, read 5,003,403 times
Pretty much every apartment complex has a gym / fitness center. Looks like an OK area, pretty expensive though

Old 07-12-2012, 10:36 AM

3,127 posts, read 5,062,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscotti83 View Post
Thank you for all of your suggestions/advice!

The more I think about it, I would prefer to live by myself and could probably afford more than I initially thought. I would love to find a place with gym/fitness center access.

Is the Acoma in Golden Triangle a nice place? I found a deal on CL that I might take!

Thanks again!
Be very careful! Deals on craig's list for out of state renters can be bogus. We have a very competitive rental market here. You need to see the place in person to be sure it exists and can be legally rented by the person taking your money. If it's a legit deal then people looking for rentals here would be all over it.

Craigslist scams targeting renters desperate for affordable apartments - NY Daily News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver