Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 10:49 AM

313 posts, read 729,521 times

Advertisements

I have the opportunity to visit Denver in the summer or the fall. Which is best for a good first impression?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2012, 11:15 AM

17,768 posts, read 30,152,954 times
Fall

Old 06-11-2012, 11:15 AM

11,860 posts, read 34,630,237 times
For what purpose is the visit? What are your objectives?

Old 06-11-2012, 11:26 AM

8,623 posts, read 15,069,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
Fall
I'd tend to agree with this, but as 2bindenver suggested, what's your objective?

The weather is hotter but it tends to be more consistent from day-to-day in the summer. If you come in September or October it could be sunny and 85 one day and snowing the next.

Old 06-12-2012, 07:56 AM

313 posts, read 729,521 times
I have never been to Colorado but see so many positive threads about it. The pictures are beautifull but are usually of the fall or winter. My wife and I are planning on moving away from South Florida and are looking for a place to start over. I will be retired with a pension in 4 years so we wanted to start looking.

So my question to you is which season would knock my socks off? We don't have seasons in Miami only summer. We plan on driving around starting in Denver.

Also are the wildfires affecting your weather? Is it smokey or cloudy now?

thanks,

Joe

Old 06-12-2012, 08:02 AM

90,295 posts, read 121,443,820 times
I'm smelling the smoke as I post. I will stress this is a very unusual situation.

There are a lot of pictures of CO in the fall b/c the Aspen are in color and they are beautiful. However, fall is a capricious season, just like spring. As someone else said, summer is more stable (or something like that). Summer is usually just plain hot most of the time. The average high in Denver in July is 89, meaning there are a lot of 90 degree days. The nights get cool, generally there is about a 30 degree drop from day to night. You can sit outside and relax. The fall color is mostly in the mountains, where the weather is extremely changeable.

Old 06-12-2012, 08:09 AM

17,768 posts, read 30,152,954 times
Default Smoke'em if got'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeandmich View Post
Is it smokey or cloudy now?
Started to smell smoke this morning in NW Denver.
It has completely overwhelmed the usual miasma of MMJ.
But, the haze means that I won't have to wear my bullet-proof vest when I go out as the hoodlums won't be able to see me.

Old 06-12-2012, 02:18 PM

118 posts, read 404,963 times
Quote:
Also are the wildfires affecting your weather? Is it smokey or cloudy now
It's definitely hazy where I live by DIA. I smelled like a camp fire after riding in to work this morning.

Personally, I like fall the best. But yeah, Fall arrives earlier in the mountains versus the plains, and is less predictable. A hot Summer day in Denver might be quite nice in Aspen. Be sure to have your sunscreen.

Old 06-12-2012, 07:11 PM

556 posts, read 1,205,849 times
come visit in early september to see the aspens and elk migration. By October the leaves are down and definitely a risk of snow. July and August are too hot to enjoy Denver during the day unless you plan to spend your time in the mountains. But then you risk frequent thunderstorms as well.

Old 06-12-2012, 10:34 PM

5,610 posts, read 23,408,569 times
Quote:
I have never been to Colorado but see so many positive threads about it. The pictures are beautifull but are usually of the fall or winter. My wife and I are planning on moving away from South Florida and are looking for a place to start over. I will be retired with a pension in 4 years so we wanted to start looking.

So my question to you is which season would knock my socks off? We don't have seasons in Miami only summer. We plan on driving around starting in Denver.

Also are the wildfires affecting your weather? Is it smokey or cloudy now?

thanks,

Joe
If you're thinking about potentially moving and you're coming from a place with no winter, then you should visit in the winter, to see if you like it or can handle it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver