Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2011, 11:15 AM

7 posts, read 8,922 times

Advertisements

My boyfriend and I are on the verge of moving to Denver from Columbus. He is primarily applying for jobs in the Englewood area and I have been looking at Denver Metro and the Englewood area as well.

We are outdoorsy people. We like to ride bikes, go for walks, hike, etc. So close proximity to those things would be ideal. I would like some type of view, but it's not a necessity. We enjoy having adult beverages, attending sporting evernts and having a good time! So access to the light rail or at least a easy commute would be nice! I'm going to say that we would be willing to spend $1000 on rent (Apartments only). A safe area is also a must.

CAN ANYONE HELP PINPOINT A LOCATION OR A FEW NICE PLACES TO CHECK OUT??

Again, we haven't sealed the deal with a job yet, but when the time comes we probably won't have a lot of time to be looking all over, so any input will help. Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2011, 11:17 AM

2,394 posts, read 5,001,930 times
I live at a brand new complex which sounds like it fits you, Alta Aspen Grove in Littleton. It's right next to the Mineral light rail, the Aspen Grove shopping center and the South Platte Park, which is a great walking/biking location. Very safe and nice area.

I know there are a few others up off Sante Fe near the light rail, but this is the only one i'm familiar with.

Old 12-13-2011, 11:54 AM

5,089 posts, read 15,407,333 times
You need to know first that Englewood postal address extends many miles beyond the authentic, dense, very small city of Englewood which is centered at Broadway and Hampden. For some reason of the Post Office, the addresses are not even closely contiguous with the boundaries of Englewood. So Englewood Addresses are in Inverness Park, which is miles away.

So, do not pay attention to the postal address of your job site but pay attention more to were it is located so as to find a place to live to minimize your commute. For there can be areas of Denver, Aurora, Centennial, Littleton, Lone Tree etc. that are better places to live.

Livecontent

Last edited by Mike from back east; 12-13-2011 at 12:04 PM..

Old 12-13-2011, 12:40 PM

5,528 posts, read 12,676,166 times
There's a new apartment complex at the northwest corner of Santa Fe Drive and Hampden. Very close to a light rail station, although it's across Santa Fe Drive and you can't walk to it. Also very close to shopping, etc. on the south side of Hampden, and there's a bike/hike trail right there that connects to the S. Platte River trail.

Old 12-13-2011, 03:54 PM

7 posts, read 8,922 times
Thanks for all of the areas suggested so far! Now I have another question...what about apartment complexes/areas surrounding downtown Denver? We like clean, updated apartments in a safe neighborhood. Still close to biking/hiking trails, parks, etc. Around the $1000 price tag?

And when I say "safe" I am meaning low crime rates i.e not a lot of theft, rapes, shootings, etc. It would also be nice to not walk down the street and get asked for money all the time. I currently live in Columbus' "Short North" area which is nice - full of little shops, restaurants and bars. It's an easy walk - but the thing we hate most is constantly getting asked for money from everyone on the street! So we'd prefer to avoid that as much as we can.

Thanks again

Old 12-13-2011, 04:38 PM

2,394 posts, read 5,001,930 times
I would avoid downtown, but maybe that's just me. They are also much more expensive and much higher crime on average.

Old 12-13-2011, 04:41 PM

2,279 posts, read 3,974,703 times
I would check out Littleton. It's close to the foothills (hiking/biking).

If you two are Ohio State fans, OTOH, you can just stay right there in OH-IO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver