Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2011, 08:39 PM

13 posts, read 17,252 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,

My boyfriend and I have settled on it and we're finally moving, can't wait! We plan on moving out in September and are trying to find some good somewhat affordable apartments near downtown.

About us: He has a home business that I'll be working with him on til' we get settled and I can do an appropriate job hunt, I have 6 years corporate experience and finally got my degree in Business so although commute time isn't a big issue initially it's something to keep an eye on in the future when I do find a good employment opportunity. We're in our late 20s and both outgoing people, love the outdoors and the occasional bar, love our sports as well as the occasional night out. Although we'll have our car we'd like to try to utilize public transportation as well. We're saving up for a house so we'd like to keep rent away from outrageous to no more than $1200 for a 2 bedroom - for that I think LoDo may be out of the picture but would love to hear if not I do have a cat - but from what I can see a lot of apartment complexes welcome animals (not exactly the case here).

Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2011, 08:58 AM

345 posts, read 914,320 times
Well that is good that he has a job and that you can also work it while searching. That is one thing that is hard all over so you are starting out better then some.

If you guys have never been out here I highly highly suggest you do that before you move. I am from the same area as you are and it is very different out here. I like it's differences but some from the East Coast just do not like it or cannot handle it. I also miss somethings from back East especially in the Summer.

Cats are more excepted then dogs, with dogs you can face a weight limit or a height limit. There are breed restrictions with any place. There may be a pet deposit plus monthly pet rent, whether it be a cat or a dog. The deposit may be non-refundable.

Old 06-17-2011, 05:59 PM

13 posts, read 17,252 times
We've been out there to visit, and we fell in love. Looking for a change and ready to take the jump
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of: