Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2011, 08:14 PM

156 posts, read 325,846 times

Advertisements

Noticed an apartment complex listed at 1250 Colorado Blvd (Capri Apartments). They offer a fairly large studio at a decent price ($545 plus electric). Any advice on the area? I know its located right near Blue Bird district which seems ideal for me, I am looking for a apartment that is close to clubs/restaurants/music scene/parks/bike trails but still fairly close to downtown Denver (Im thinking 1250 is about 5 miles East of downtown if im not mistaken) and still considerably safe (yea, i know theres going to be a couple thefts here and there but that doesnt bother me).

Also, if anyone has any advice on the complex (Capri) that would be appreciated. I checked out apartmentratings.com. It has about 6 reviews and has a 53% (sounds like the people who hate it mainly complain about the noise). The people who like it know they are getting a vintage style apartment and have the convenient access to attend the night life.

What intrigues me the most is they offer month to month leases. I dont have a job lined up yet but I figured I could check it out for a month and two. If nothing works out Ill just move back to New York for the summer.

I contacted the apartment to see if they have furnished units, if they do I will prob bite on the deal regardless and get located out there in early April. Just want to make sure the neighborhood is at least entertaining and moderately safe
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2011, 08:59 PM

3,158 posts, read 6,124,244 times
Don't know much about the apartments or neighborhood, but I do know this:

Colorado Blvd is one of the worst streets to drive in all of the Metro area. It is ALWAYS busy (hence the noise complaints). If I had to take Colorado every day of my life to get places I would eventually snap and do something that would land me in jail. But I would be happy then, because I wouldn't have to travel on Colorado.

In case you are wondering what other roads to absolutely avoid, here is a partial list:
1. Arapahoe Rd, from Holly to Arapahoe
2. Wadsworth Blvd, from I-70 to 80th
3. Federal Blvd, all of it
4. Leetsdale/Parker Rd from Colorado to Arapahoe.

I am sure other can chime in with streets that are equally miserable as well.

Old 03-19-2011, 09:00 PM

1,227 posts, read 1,281,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMan87 View Post
Noticed an apartment complex listed at 1250 Colorado Blvd (Capri Apartments). They offer a fairly large studio at a decent price ($545 plus electric). Any advice on the area? I know its located right near Blue Bird district which seems ideal for me, I am looking for a apartment that is close to clubs/restaurants/music scene/parks/bike trails but still fairly close to downtown Denver (Im thinking 1250 is about 5 miles East of downtown if im not mistaken) and still considerably safe (yea, i know theres going to be a couple thefts here and there but that doesnt bother me).

Also, if anyone has any advice on the complex (Capri) that would be appreciated. I checked out apartmentratings.com. It has about 6 reviews and has a 53% (sounds like the people who hate it mainly complain about the noise). The people who like it know they are getting a vintage style apartment and have the convenient access to attend the night life.

What intrigues me the most is they offer month to month leases. I dont have a job lined up yet but I figured I could check it out for a month and two. If nothing works out Ill just move back to New York for the summer.

I contacted the apartment to see if they have furnished units, if they do I will prob bite on the deal regardless and get located out there in early April. Just want to make sure the neighborhood is at least entertaining and moderately safe
Are you under 30? If so, I suppose it's a possibility, but that noise thing is a real consideration.

Colorado Boulevard is abysmal traffic-wise in that area, and there's not a lot within walking distance except for a few restaurants and shops around 9th-10th street intersections. This is the area that CU moved out of to go to Fitzsimons.

If you want Bluebird district, I'd try for a block or two off Colfax, east of Colorado, closer to York St. City Park area. Or Congress Park, a couple blocks east of Colorado if possible, although that's going to be more residential.

1250 Colorado Blvd is 12th and Colorado, about 2.5 miles from downtown. Google Maps is your friend.

Old 03-19-2011, 09:09 PM

156 posts, read 325,846 times
Im 24, ill consider looking at something closer to York St. Thats disappointing Colorado Blvd is really that loud. I did check google maps, the address 1250 colorado blvd denver CO 90206 is 4.4 miles from LoDo (that is what I was referring to for downtown denver). Thanks for the replies guys

Old 03-20-2011, 08:37 AM

6,804 posts, read 9,354,170 times
I hate to share this information since there is no way I can personally verify it, but, a friend of a friend (i know) told me that he had heard about issues with bedbugs at that building. I guess at least see if there is some way you can find out more info before signing a lease.

Old 03-20-2011, 08:21 PM

1,227 posts, read 1,281,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMan87 View Post
Im 24, ill consider looking at something closer to York St. Thats disappointing Colorado Blvd is really that loud. I did check google maps, the address 1250 colorado blvd denver CO 90206 is 4.4 miles from LoDo (that is what I was referring to for downtown denver). Thanks for the replies guys
Silly me, I went from the State Capitol, which I consider to be more "downtown" than LoDo. LoDo is, well, LoDo.

Old 03-21-2011, 06:11 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,939,634 times
The area is most definitely "moderately safe".

There are tons of apartments in that area, that are also similarly priced and not on Colorado.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver