Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2015, 09:04 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,774,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
I'm sorry, I didn't edit. YES, I am on the amoxyclliam, oh absolutely, I will finish the whole script. It is for 3 times a day 10 days.

My mouth and jaw are starting to feel much better.

I realize now I should not have done the root canal on a wisdom tooth, it was because of the pain that is why I made my decision, and was completely caught off guard for this.

I never had any indication of an abcess by looking into my mouth all I saw was the cracked tooth n front, which looked like a filling had come out, thats why I had never though of the wisdom tooth.

The dentist wrote a script to go to the oral surgeon to extract it and said possibly a root canal, I left and then walked halfway home (2 blocks away I live) and then went back and said OK, do the root canal, so it was my doing, not the dentist.

Now there is a temp filling in the wiz tooth, I know not to get a post and crown, I do think, yes, it is going to have to come out. Ugh !!. When I deceide to do this, which i have no head for at this point in time, I want to be knocked out, and I mean hit over the head with a sledge hammer.

the pain of what i went thru was beyond comprehension.........
The pain was because of the abscess. Since you haven't gotten a permanent post, the wisdom tooth shouldn't be too difficult to extract at this point. As long as it's not impacted, and is "right there" and easy to grasp, it won't be all that painful either and a few shots of lidocaine will take care of that before he even starts.

Wisdom teeth are only a big deal if they're in an awkward place, or growing sideways, or otherwise difficult to extract. But like I said - if he was able to do a root canal, then he should be able to do an extraction just fine.

I had only 2 grow in, and both were pulled at different times. One was pulled because it had a cavity and since it's not a useful tooth, and not one that would mess up my smile if it was gone, I told them to just yank it out. So they did, and it came out with just a shot of lidocaine and maybe 20 seconds worth of tugging.

The other was a little more stubborn, took a couple shots of lidocaine, and maybe 40 seconds worth of reaching and grasping before the tugging could commence. Before the end of the minute though, the tooth was out. I had that one out in preparation for some bone grafting and an implant next to it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2015, 10:37 AM

18,468 posts, read 31,627,689 times
I think he wanted the tooth out thats why he was sending me to the oral surgeon.
oh well, we shall see the next time i go back after i finish the antibiotics .

i know it needs to come out, but I am middle age, it never bothered me before and had 2 others taken out in my 20's.....Im not 20 no more. LOL
thanks for your help.

Old 08-12-2015, 10:40 AM

1,656 posts, read 2,780,077 times
I still want to know if the roots are still there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health