Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2009, 12:40 PM

2 posts, read 7,489 times

Advertisements

Hi folks, I have been reading a lot of very informative posts on this forum - thanks to all you ppl here who take the time to help us out.
DH has found a better opportunity in Wilmington and he has to start there in the first week of April. I am a nervous wreck- there are SO many things to do - put our home here on the market, pack, find an apartment there - this weekend I am planning to make a trip from Rhode Island where we live to the Wilmington/Newark area. For now we're planning to rent an apartment - not too expensive because we will be paying the mortgage on this house until it sells - but I would really like a 3 Bed with a Washer/Dryer in the unit.
I have looked at a lot of apartments on the different websites - and I have seen some really negative responses to some of those apartments also. So that I dont waste my time looking at horrible places (we have a 2 yr old and Safety is of primary concern to us) - can someone tell me apartments in the Newark/ Wilmington/Brandywine area that are worth the trip.

Here are some apartmetns that I had shortlisted :
Appleby Apartments
Valley Run Apartments
The Bluffs Apartments

Thanks so much for your responses !!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2009, 02:34 PM

4,726 posts, read 11,974,466 times
As I have recommended on other threads, you might want to check into the Greenville Place Apartments in Greenville (unincorporated suburb north of Wilmington on Kennett Pike/Rt 52. They look a bit worn on the exterior, but they have a sound reputation and are in an excellent part of town.

Old 03-04-2009, 04:45 AM

96 posts, read 370,864 times
My wife and I moved from Houston to Wilmington for my job and are currently staying here in the towers at Greenville Place (corporate housing). The community is in a great location and the actual apartments/townhomes are priced well. They are not the most modern units, but they are in a good (and safe) location.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjef View Post
As I have recommended on other threads, you might want to check into the Greenville Place Apartments in Greenville (unincorporated suburb north of Wilmington on Kennett Pike/Rt 52. They look a bit worn on the exterior, but they have a sound reputation and are in an excellent part of town.

Old 03-05-2009, 08:53 AM

53 posts, read 321,989 times
While the complex of Appleby Apartments are nice, the surrounding area is a real turd. Anything off of Wilton BLVD should be avoided. It's a high crime area.
I don't know much about Valley Run Apartments other than it's too close to the crappy parts of Claymont.
The Bluffs is an older complex. It has been around as long as I remember (I'm pushing 40). On a positive note, it's located in the Pike Creek Area which is pretty decent.
As the good doc suggested, the Greenville Place Apartments would be another good alternative.

Old 03-18-2009, 11:23 AM

2 posts, read 7,489 times
Default boo - hoo - this area is not like I expected !!! :-(

Thank you all for the responses.

We did drive down to the area last weekend and this is nothing like New England - I was looking forward to quaint town centers and little mom-pop shops .. anyways - most places look like I could be in madagascar (out in the woods) - the only place we liked was the area around Naamans Road in Brandywine - love the hustle bustle of activity. We saw some apartments - Korman Stratford, Valley Run apts, Brandywine Apartments and Meetinghouse Apts (this one in Boothwyn, PA just across the border). Korman, Valley Run and Brandywine look really old (Brandywine Apts is inexpensive though - spoke to some of the residents and they gave a positive rating). Meetinghouse Apts looked old but nicely maintained - plus they are townhomes (2 BD/ 2.5 BA) and have a W/D in the unit and they seemed the best of the lot to us - utilities are extra

How much can I expect the monthly utility bills to be-
this is for a townhouse 1200 sq ft electric heat, central air
gas cooking

Thanks so much for your time and attention !

Old 03-27-2009, 08:34 PM

2 posts, read 9,990 times
Hi All,

I am moving to wilmington, DE in a couple of months. I have been doing some online research, what do you guys think about village of fox point @ kynlyn drive, korman residential @ stratford apartments and how about apartments in trolley square such as park view, plaza apts and denbigh hall condominium? I am the kind who would prefer to be in a quiet, safe locality as my job involves commuting at odd hours. Also W/D in the unit would be a big plus. Please let me know if you have any idea about these places.

Thanks in advance!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
View detailed profiles of: