Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2019, 10:35 AM

1,493 posts, read 1,520,698 times

Advertisements

Has anyone visited the Le Creuset outlet at Tangiers in Rehoboth Beach?

Do they discount the larger cast iron dutch ovens?

Thanks..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2019, 04:24 PM

829 posts, read 629,414 times
Sorry, but I've never been in that store, so I can't tell you about their stock and discounts - but here's a link to what Tanger Outlet's Le Creuset site has listed and they're supposedly having a Winter Clearance sale. If you're looking for something specific, you could try calling the store ….

VALID Jan 7 2019 - Jan 31 2019
Winter Clearance!
Save Over 40% On Select Cookware, Bakeware, Serveware, & More!
Savings valid Jan, 7 - 31, 2019 at Le Creuset Outlet stores at Tanger Outlets. Percentage reductions range 25% to 50% and are based on reductions from suggested price, including cast iron already offered at reduced pricing from suggested price. Not valid with other offers. Limited exclusions apply.

https://www.tangeroutlet.com/rehobot...tores/1850%20s

Last edited by lyndyb; 01-15-2019 at 04:35 PM..

Old 01-18-2019, 12:34 PM

lyndyb -

Many thanks !

I called the store. Very significant discounts on some colors.

I was able to buy a small braiser at a garage sale this fall for $10. An anomaly.

These things are crazy expensive but they produce an excellent product. I do a pot roast in my oval 6 3/4 pot based on Martha's recipe. Add some raisins, a full can of tomato sauce. Steep learning curve but once there a restaurant style dinner. The mistake I was initially making was not keeping in oven long enough.

Old 01-18-2019, 01:26 PM

Oh no, you may have started me on a new shopping obsession. I will have to check out the store!

Old 01-19-2019, 05:51 AM

13,056 posts, read 18,116,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndyb View Post
Oh no, you may have started me on a new shopping obsession. I will have to check out the store!
Lyndy, you do your homework and therefore you will do well in the outlets. IMO, you can do well at the outlets depending upon the store, the sale and how well you know your products.

For example, at a huge clearance sale I got a Vera Bradley handbag for under $20. A friend saw me with it in NY at Christmas and went online and paid almost 3 times that on sale in NY. Same bag - much different price. That said, many outlet shops sell items that are "factory only" and they can't be purchased in a retail store. Once again, IMO there is nothing wrong with that, but shoppes need to be aware of what they are buying.

Old 01-19-2019, 02:32 PM

Thanks, nuts2uiam - and you make a good point. The thrill of the chase of a bargain is best if you know your merchandise so you recognize a deal when you see it. And you're so right about the merchandise in many of the outlet stores being carried by them alone - though some of the stores will sometimes get a shipment of "catalog" or "retail" items.

That was confirmed by a piece one of the news magazines did a few years ago - so you're absolutely right. My feeling is that if you like what you're buying, it doesn't matter - but to some who may want a certain label, it may be a disappointment.

I do a lot of online shopping and figure the outlet will be our "Mall" when we're fully moved. In the meantime, I'm increasing my purchases of casual attire with the excuse I need to round out my wardrobe for retirement. LOL

Old 01-19-2019, 11:45 PM

ditto..

Bought suits at BB in Philly for a lot of years. Bought a bow tie at a BB outlet ten years ago. Not the same tie but not the Philly price. I still love the bow tie..

---

Thanks lyndyb - I don't know what I am going to find at the Le Creuset store but I have found colors don't matter.

The garage sale piece I found is white and well worn but still doable. Perfect for Coq au vin.

Lodge also makes some really nice cast iron. Lodge gives advice on their website regarding maintaining / seasoning cast iron. Dollar for dollar, just my opinion but Lodge is a great product. I have a 10 inch cast iron skillet on my stove. I use it almost daily.

Last edited by NJBoy3; 01-20-2019 at 12:23 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
View detailed profiles of: