Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 05:35 PM

1,999 posts, read 10,564,593 times

Advertisements

This will help those of us looking to possibly relocate to northern Delaware (Wilmington, Newark and so forth). Can you tell us what are the 10 things that you hate the most about living in Northern Delaware?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2008, 05:43 PM

19,922 posts, read 11,041,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TootsieWootsie View Post
This will help those of us looking to possibly relocate to northern Delaware (Wilmington, Newark and so forth). Can you tell us what are the 10 things that you hate the most about living in Northern Delaware?
How is this helpful?

Old 03-26-2008, 07:00 PM

310 posts, read 777,597 times
1.traffic
2.outsiders coming in that know how to fix things that aren't broken, just different than they are used to.
3.cars
4.driving 45 minutes to get 10 minutes away.
5.the people in the cars.
6.too many shopping centers.
7.poor planing of roadways.
8.all of the traffic with all of the cars with outsiders that know better than we do and other people in them driving 45 minutes to get 10 minutes away on the over congested roads going to the shopping centers.

i'll get back to you with the other 2. i have to go out right now...

Old 03-26-2008, 07:20 PM

4,231 posts, read 15,420,365 times
The same can be said about many areas in many states. Have read a lot in this forum and in others as well, there's no perfect place, they all have their drawbacks, it depends on what one is looking for, one's lifestyle etc, what's good for one person may not be good for the next. It might be better to focus on the positive (although there's pro's and con's in everything).

Old 03-26-2008, 07:57 PM

361 posts, read 1,946,945 times
How about the humidity, does anyone have a problem with the humidity?? Have outsiders been known to get used to it? I'm excited to be moving to Delaware but am dreading the humidity...but it's a con I'm willing to put up with!

Old 03-27-2008, 04:59 AM

9,719 posts, read 14,257,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katreese View Post
How about the humidity, does anyone have a problem with the humidity?? Have outsiders been known to get used to it? I'm excited to be moving to Delaware but am dreading the humidity...but it's a con I'm willing to put up with!
Yes, we have lots of humidity in the summer. I've been here forever, and it is definitely something to cope with. I work outside year round, and actually dread the humidity more than rain, snow, or sleet. Humidity, absolutely, will ruin a good looking head of hair! But, that's a trade-off for all the positives.

Old 03-27-2008, 05:00 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,041,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katreese View Post
I just checked city-data's statistics on individual cities and compared Wilmington with Madison, Wisconsin, where your profile says you are. The relative humidity in Wilmington is actually lower than that of Madison. Remember that is relative humidity. Humidity is measured relative to temperature, so on extremely hot days, you might feel it. The average temperature curve for each of the two cities looks similar. I think you'll probably be OK.

Charley

Old 03-27-2008, 05:18 AM

9,719 posts, read 14,257,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMTAD View Post
I just checked city-data's statistics on individual cities and compared Wilmington with Madison, Wisconsin, where your profile says you are. The relative humidity in Wilmington is actually lower than that of Madison. Remember that is relative humidity. Humidity is measured relative to temperature, so on extremely hot days, you might feel it. The average temperature curve for each of the two cities looks similar. I think you'll probably be OK.Charley
On the other hand, I've found some City-Data statistics to be WAY off base. I've sent e-mails asking where they get this stuff, but never got a response. Come visit us in July/August, if there's a question, because each one of us has a different tolerance level. I'm a born/raised Delawarean, and don't have anything to compare Delaware's humidity with, other than visiting neighboring states (which also have high humidity in July/August). The migration to the Delaware Bay and Atlantic Ocean is a pleasant relief for many, with the wind blowing off of the cool waters. But another thing is, getting down there which, in itself, makes one sweat and irritable!

Old 03-27-2008, 05:37 AM

1,050 posts, read 3,525,430 times
Unhappy Hated Delaware

Moved to Atlanta 12 years ago from Hockessin. Hated the mushroom odor. Had to pull my son out of Wilmington High school =he was afraid for his life. The whole area was 30 years in the past. When I first moved there from friendly Chicago, I would sometimes make a comment to another person in Acme grocery store, She looked right through me. The roads never got completed the years we were there. Years before we lived in Dover. Now that was in the mdi 80's and a mistake also. Company my husband worked for had a lot of back stabbing going on. Everyone knew your business and the schools taught to the lowest level. My son made A's and B's without opening a book. Needless to say I will never go back there again.

Old 03-27-2008, 05:44 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,670,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMTAD View Post
I just checked city-data's statistics on individual cities and compared Wilmington with Madison, Wisconsin, where your profile says you are. The relative humidity in Wilmington is actually lower than that of Madison. Remember that is relative humidity. Humidity is measured relative to temperature, so on extremely hot days, you might feel it. The average temperature curve for each of the two cities looks similar. I think you'll probably be OK.

Charley
I have lived in PA and find De to be no different in the humity factor.
We have our humid days and dry days just like PA.

Now Florida is another story. It was so humid down Florida this past Feb, that I couldn't stand it.
Floridia is a very humid state most of the year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware