Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 06:32 AM

160 posts, read 631,532 times

Advertisements

Okay - now that we are in the process of settling into our new city - I need to start doing some research on restaurants. My husband and I love to go out to eat and we love all types of food (i.e. italian, thai, spanish, etc, etc). I would love to hear about your favorite restaurant. Who knows, maybe it will become our favorite restaurant Although we live in Fairborn, we are open to the entire Dayton area. Hope to hear from you . . . .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2008, 08:41 AM

41,974 posts, read 75,239,807 times
The best subs in town are at Milano's on Brown Street near UD. I get all dreamy just thinking about sinking my teeth into a cold Italian or a turkey sub. 222-7072. Yes, I still remember the phone number.

Dominic's on South Main, also near UD, is one of my favorite Italian restaurants. The first time I went there -- a silly college freshman -- I inadvertently shook sugar on my linguini with clam sauce. They gave me a fresh plate, and I've been loyal ever since.

The Pine Club on Brown Street, also near UD (are you sensing a pattern here? LOL) has delicious steaks and delicious everything else. They don't take reservations, and the place is often uber-crowded, so be prepared.

I'd also recommend Amber Rose on Valley Street, which features Eastern European food.

Have fun!

Old 01-15-2008, 10:52 AM

6,351 posts, read 21,541,581 times
If you guys are down in the Dayton Mall area, we recommend "Meadowlark". It's buried in the strip plaza next to Half-Price books and Value City furniture and you enter off OH 725 (Exit 2 off of I-675) and turn in at the traffic light closest to T.G.I Friday's. We also like Mimi's at the Greene (especially for breakfast)

Old 01-15-2008, 04:39 PM

2,107 posts, read 5,088,153 times
Milano's is opening in Beavercreek!

Some of the places I love include Panera, which can be found anywhere today, Mama Disalvo's in Kettering off Stroop near the Meijers, Marions pizza in Beavercreek, Cheesecake at the Cheesecake Factory every once in a while, El Toro across from the Greene, LaRosa's Pizza on Commons Blvd off Fairfield, and Kava House Coffee behind LaRosa's. Then there is also The Pub at the Greene and Wellington Grille off Dayton-Xenia near Beaver-Valley.

Have always wanted to try McCormick and Schmicks (Greene), Pacchia (Oregon), and Pine Club (UD area)

Trust me, there are so many (some say too many) restaurants in this area that you'll find something.

Old 01-15-2008, 04:42 PM

2,107 posts, read 5,088,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Dominic's on South Main, also near UD, is one of my favorite Italian restaurants. The first time I went there -- a silly college freshman -- I inadvertently shook sugar on my linguini with clam sauce. They gave me a fresh plate, and I've been loyal ever since.

Sadly, Dominic's closed there location near MVH. It makes me kinda mad since that was another place I wanted to try since I love Italian. They said, however, they may reopen at a new location but I'm not sure where.

Old 01-15-2008, 08:02 PM

298 posts, read 1,149,665 times
You should try out the Oregon District in Dayton. Oregon District - Businesses (http://www.oregondistrict.org/district/biz.asp - broken link)

Coco's Bistro on Wayne Ave. has a beautiful new place. They are rather pricey, but very good. I love their espresso encrusted filet & wasabi tuna. Also try their specials. I had a tasty sea bass on New Year's Eve. If you love chocolate, you must try their Molten Lava Cake. It is oozing with chocolate.

We also like Pacchia's. Their food is Italian inspired. I haven't been there since they changed their menu, but I heard that it is still very good. They are attached to the Emporium Cafe which is a great place for sandwiches, soup, & coffee.

Jay's Seafood is excellent. We love the lobster, crab legs, & grouper. They have super desserts--pecan pie, key lime pie, chocolate mousse.

Thai Nine is a big favorite for many in Dayton. It is very good.

I also highly recommend the Pine Club for steak.

This is not in the Oregon District, but we love Flying Pizza. The downtown location is temporarily on Monument St. There are other locations in Dayton, too. Try the Sicilian.

Our favorite Japanese is not very far from you--Akashi. They are on Harshman Blvd., down the street from Stebbins H.S. They have excellent sushi & soup.

Our favorite Indian restaurant is Amar India. They are down by the Dayton Mall.

Old 01-16-2008, 08:04 AM

41,974 posts, read 75,239,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightflyer View Post
Sadly, Dominic's closed there location near MVH.
Aaaaaaaaauuuuuuuuuuggggggggghhhhhhhhh! When did that happen??

I second Flying Pizza. Wonderful stuff. I never liked Marion's (heresy in some quarters). Too salty for me.

Old 01-16-2008, 08:14 AM

6,351 posts, read 21,541,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by penelopelp View Post
Our favorite Indian restaurant is Amar India. They are down by the Dayton Mall.
I'll second that; I don't do well with spicy food and I've found a number of menu items that I enjoy!

Old 01-16-2008, 08:24 AM

138 posts, read 676,069 times
Giovanni's in Fairborn. Whenever we go back home we always stop off and eat Giovanni's pizza. Yum!

Old 01-17-2008, 08:35 AM

160 posts, read 631,532 times
Thank for you all of the great suggestions. We look forward to trying some of those out (possibly as soon as this weekend).

I have one for your guys - Ban Thai in Beavercreek. We tried it this past weekend and it was pretty good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton