Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 10:07 AM

583 posts, read 2,633,241 times

Advertisements

Just in case newbies like my self are stressing out about pet care I thought I would post this update.........
I contacted Pappy's (a referral from TXPrincess) while my husband was in Dallas doing our walk final home walk through. He was able to check it out and gave it the thumbs up. I spoke to a VERY nice girl (who got a A+ in customer service) on the phone to make our final boarding arrangements. They have a good web site if you type in Pappy's Pet Lodge. Thanks TXPrincess for the referral.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2007, 12:51 AM
dgz

806 posts, read 3,391,913 times
I've been using Pet Paradise Resort in Melissa, just north of McKinney. The owners live on the premises and my dogs get their own little room with a doggie door to the ouside and they are given attention regularly throughout the day.

Old 07-07-2007, 10:02 AM

2,639 posts, read 3,222,465 times
I just boarded one of my dogs for 10 days right over the Mansfield city limits line in Arlington. It's on Cooper Street and is called Country Acres Kennels. It has been there for over 30 years and has places for over 300 animals.

It's quite nice, and I would recommend it for your little friend. My dog didn't adjust too well to it as she hates noises and of course, a lot of barking was going on. Also during the time I was gone, thunderstorms were everywhere and the poor little thing is petrified of them. She stayed in the dog house most of the time that was located inside of her run. The workers there had a hard time coaxing her out of her kennel for play time. They were very good to her though.

Check it out. It's on the web. The cost is extremely reasonable, only $10 a day for my 53 pound hound. The costs vary with the size of the dog.

Whoops! I just saw your post about making the final arrangments Pappy's. Well, I'll leave this post here anyway; someone else may need a recommendation.

Last edited by KewGee; 07-07-2007 at 10:06 AM.. Reason: add a line

Old 07-08-2007, 05:57 PM

6 posts, read 38,995 times
Default Tooth Acres is supposed to be great.

Tooth Acres in Plano is supposed to be really good. We toured many facilities a few years ago and Tooth Acres stood out as being the best. We have not used them as we spoil ours by having someone stay at the house, but if in a bind this is who we would use.

Moderator cut: no advertising

Chad

Last edited by Trainwreck20; 07-09-2007 at 07:21 AM..

Old 07-16-2007, 09:42 PM

2,935 posts, read 6,714,410 times
We've had good experiences with K9 University in Plano and North Garland. They offer boarding, grooming, and training. If you're going on an extended vacation for 2 weeks, you can have them train your dogs while you're gone. You have to go for follow-up lessons every weekend, but it's great.

Old 07-17-2007, 12:01 PM

670 posts, read 2,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USA_Mom View Post
We've boarded at our former vet (we moved to Georgia but are coming back) at Crossroads in McKinney; but, I would rather have an in-home for our dog as he's more comfortable here.

OMG I just realized months later my mistake it's CROSS TIMBERS not Crossroads. Sorry I just found out magnet and his vet stuff.

Old 07-18-2007, 04:36 PM

13 posts, read 90,818 times
You do not need to send poor Charlie away! You can use a pet sitting service. I have been using Guardian Pet Sitters for years and they are the best. They are bonded and insured. There is always a back up sitter in case yours gets sick. My sitters have both been serious animal lovers, the kind you want to take care of your pet. They have a website. Check 'em out.

Old 02-24-2008, 06:05 PM

1,294 posts, read 6,485,070 times
What about Dee's Doggie Den? Anyone take their dog there? Dee's Doggie Den - Daycare, Boarding and Grooming for Dogs in Dallas

We're also moving to Dallas and trying to find a really great doggie daycare for our four legged child! We'll be living close to the M Streets - and it's close by there and has a great website. I've also talked with the owner and she sounds very nice, but if you have any other suggestions and/or experiences at Dee's, please do tell!

Old 09-08-2009, 12:58 PM

3 posts, read 19,530 times
boarding is really stressful on your pets, a in home sitter is best...you should definitely find one that is insured, we use Critter Concierge in McKinney
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas