Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2009, 12:52 AM

4 posts, read 31,379 times

Advertisements

We accidentally damaged the garage door. The thing broken is a vertical angle iron that was attached to the middle of the top panel. The garage door opener arm is fixed onto this iron and thus drags the door. (Please see pictures below.)

My questions are:
* What is this angle iron called?
* Where can I buy this?
* If fixing it by myself is impossible, would I have luck with local garage door repair businesses? How much might be the cost? Any recommendations? I live in Grapevine, TX.

I have tried Sears, Lowes, HomeDepot, ACE, but can only find the parts that are included in garage door openers.

I don't want to replace the whole door. If replacing the top panel (I am assuming the broken part will come together with the panel) is an option, that would work. The door model is Windsor 430.

This is the door. You can see the vertical iron is missing.

This is the arm of the garage door opener. It was connected to the iron.

This is the broken iron.

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2009, 06:38 AM

3,088 posts, read 8,448,406 times
Hello grapevinetexas,

I would expect from the model that this is a Windsor Republic Doors unit. Their WEB site is Windsor Republic Doors - Commercial Industrial Residential Garage Doors, Openers - Windsor Door and they have a dealer locate function. The dealer might be able to order just the vertical web unit for you.

When you get ready to repair this door I noticed you do not have any horizontal or vertical reinforcement members on the door. This is to help protect against damaging the door in this way as well as other damage to panels. While you are replacing this piece it is a good time to add these reinforcement members. Your door opener manual should explain them. If not you can read a Chamberlain Liftmaster manual here for a good visual of this:
http://www.liftmaster.com/consumerwe...s/114A3331.pdf. The dealer can also explain these to you.

Good luck.

Old 09-02-2009, 07:57 AM

2,973 posts, read 9,495,628 times
We had used a company called Hollywood Overhead Door a couple of years ago to fix a broken coil.

Old 09-02-2009, 04:13 PM

95 posts, read 164,385 times
A1-Affordable Garage Door Services... used them and they are very
good--more importantly, they are rated high by BBB.

http://www.repairgaragedoors.com/

Old 09-06-2009, 09:14 PM

11,872 posts, read 26,952,124 times
Call the Overhead Door Company's location in Grapevine. We damaged our garage door last year and they fixed it quickly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: