Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2009, 09:20 PM

1 posts, read 5,078 times

Advertisements

I did a search on the forum, I couldn't really find much about Spring Park.
We are relocating here, job is in Garland. Just curious if anyone has any feedback on the school district (RISD), HOA, overall location, etc...
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2009, 09:50 PM

4,207 posts, read 15,258,757 times
One of the reasons that Springpark is so desirable is because it's in Richardson ISD. Very good location close to the PGBT. Most homes are really nice with lots of beautiful trees, creeks around, larger lots. Homes were built in the late 70s, then most of them in the 80s, and very few in the 90s.

Naima

Old 06-07-2009, 10:01 PM

1,282 posts, read 3,558,230 times
My info is a bit outdated...but I grew up very near (though not in) Spring Park. Many of my elementary school friends lived there. It is a beautiful country-club type neighborhood with mature trees, interesting and varied housing styles, and a nice cimmunity feel...and it appears to have been well maintained over the years. Whenever I have driven my husband through the neighborhood, he always comments something along the lines of "why can't we live here?" (haha! but it would all be a little too "having my kids re-live my childhood" to me). But I still go there every Christmas to look at their Christmas lights display...and have for the past 20 years.
As a kid, I perceived Spring Park as being where that "rich kids" lived...as I would say that that neighborhood is the most expensive that feeds into the elementary school...but as I grew up, I realized that it was a far cry (money-wise) from other parts of Richardson....not to mention Dallas or Plano. So I wouldn't say it is snobby or has a better-than-thou attitiude or anything. The elementary school would be Big Springs, then onto Apollo Junior , then Berkner HS. I had a fantastic public school education...though RISD was very very highly regarded at the time (don't get me wrong, it still is...there are just many other highly regarded suburbian school districts now) and my parents particularly moved there because of that rep. From what I understand the elementary has maintained a very high standard...though I believe Apollo and Berkner have both slipped down some...mostly I think to the decline of some areas that feed into these schools. However, the education is still very good, particularly if you are able to get your child into honors or AP class.
Location-wise, very convenient if you are working in Garland. Also you can get onto one north/south highway (75) and one east/west highway (George Bush) in a matter of minutes....so easy to get to Dallas or any of the other northern or northeastern suburbs.

Old 06-08-2009, 08:24 AM

7,244 posts, read 21,814,092 times
The only negative is that you can't get onto George Bush from Plano Rd so you always have to backtrack to Jupiter, and depending on where you buy within the community, that might become annoying to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas