Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2009, 05:34 PM

33 posts, read 112,256 times

Advertisements

I just spent the day looking at both of these developments. Both are lovely and should be commutable to where I work. I have two questions:

1. Which should I choose and why?
2. Within each development, what areas have young kids? Mine are 4, 19 months and 6 months (whoops!). Where I currently live, all the kids are several years older, so I would love to find an area with kids their age. I don't know if the age of kids is evenly dispersed across an area or if the "new families buy new houses" thing is true.

If you live in either of these areas and can lend a hand, I would certainly appreciate some help.

TIA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2009, 09:05 PM

583 posts, read 2,636,846 times
We looked in both areas also. We ended up in SBR. We are in Allen almost everyday for gymnastics--so the commute to that area is fast. I love all the new shopping in Allen. We got a better home deal in SBR which was the main reason for our purchase. Either neighborhood you choose will be great. I have friends that live in/love Twin Creeks.

Old 04-13-2009, 11:32 PM

4,207 posts, read 15,277,671 times
I guess I am a bit biased towards Twin Creeks. I have seen the development built and grow to what it is today. Great builders, awesome planning and the convenience to everything. Values have held very well because of all the above.

Naima

Old 04-13-2009, 11:44 PM

5,872 posts, read 8,108,965 times
Twin Creeks is awesome, has plenty of family things to do and kids are everywhere in every range. TC is a big development, and is still growing and has plenty of opportunity.

Stonebridge Ranch is a HUGE development, with a bunch of the same things. Some areas are a bit older, some newer than TC. I think what it comes down to is going to be the amenities and the other 'options' that are close to the developments such as:

Shopping (grocery)
Sports
schools
daycare
etc.

Those type of things for me is what it came down to between the two. I ended up choosing SBR, and will be closing on a home in late May.

But I really don't think you can go wrong with either one.

Old 04-14-2009, 02:59 PM

33 posts, read 112,256 times
Great! Thanks all for the help!

Old 04-15-2009, 12:34 PM

77 posts, read 342,100 times
I like Twin Creeks better. If you are commuting anywhere south, it could be a 15-20 minute difference depending on where you end up in either.

Old 04-15-2009, 02:53 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,888,899 times
With all other things being equal (commute times especially) I am partial to Stonebridge as it is not as much of a cookie cutter feel as Twin Creeks. However, both are heads and shoulders above other area developments in that regard.

As stated, you really can't go wrong either direction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas