Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 06:19 AM

636 posts, read 1,917,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbaneAspects View Post
Yes, and it gets worse as the season gets colder...

Ive never seen such an ugly place with ugly terrain.

there isnt one single palm tree or colorful plant here. NOT 1. Ugh! I cant stand it!
No, and aspen trees aren't here either. Know why? BECAUSE THIS IS DALLAS! Although your claim that there isn't a single palm tree here is false, of course, did it not dawn on you that certain trees are native to certain parts of the country, or is that a foreign concept to you?

Or, since this is your SECOND time to live in a place that you hate so much (even though you were "forced to come here..."), did you think when you moved back that palm trees would have magically popped up everywhere?

Moderator cut: edited Please, take a moment and review the recent troll posts (if you can get by the fact that the spelling and grammar are so bad that I would seriously classify them as the works of a functional illiterate).

Moderator cut: edited

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 10-17-2008 at 11:24 AM.. Reason: Per ToS, we do not discuss past or present members

Old 10-17-2008, 09:55 AM

686 posts, read 2,438,702 times
Quote:

there isnt one single palm tree or colorful plant here. NOT 1. Ugh! I cant stand it!
You obviously don't get out much, if at all! There are plenty of Palms here and flowers that will last well into the Fall season. And last I checked, most non-evergreen trees lose their leaves in Fall and Winter. It's been that way forever. Believe me, it's not just a Dallas thing.

Old 10-17-2008, 10:07 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,916,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysterymachinebl View Post
You obviously don't get out much, if at all! There are plenty of Palms here and flowers that will last well into the Fall season. And last I checked, most non-evergreen trees lose their leaves in Fall and Winter. It's been that way forever. Believe me, it's not just a Dallas thing.
Well I can see his point of view. If you were stuck in an apartment in Arlington it can be a pretty boring landscape. (no offense to those that live in Arlington ).

And you are right. There are plenty of Palms in the Dallas area. Dallas even has a NATIVE natural Palm "forest" just south of downtown.

Moderator cut: edited I've got PLENTY of color growing in my yard as do most of my neighbors. Moderator cut: edited My lantanas are well over 3' and some of them 4'. MANY blooming plants thrive here.

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 10-17-2008 at 11:52 AM.. Reason: Per ToS, We may attack ideas (politely) but we do not attack the speaker of the idea.

Old 10-17-2008, 10:39 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,916,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tycobb2522 View Post
Or, since this is your SECOND time to live in a place that you hate so much (even though you were "forced to come here..."), did you think when you moved back that palm trees would have magically popped up everywhere?

Moderator cut: edited Please, take a moment and review the recent troll posts (if you can get by the fact that the spelling and grammar are so bad that I would seriously classify them as the works of a functional illiterate).

LOL!!! Sure, why can't 1000's and 1000's of full grown palm trees suddenly appear in the Dallas area.

As for the other posts you are referring to these:

Quote:
No, vacationing and living there is in all totality different from every way imaginable...take it from me. I know
Quote:
Im moved here, obviuosly YOU havent read my profile...

And you're right, you said it. there are more people in dfw area. And its also the size of Alaska

Miami...on the other hand is surrounded by 2 unmovable pieces of geography, Everglades and Atlantic.

Its a thin strip...so it cant hold as many people as sprawling DFW does. So when 50 million people move to Miami in one day...it gets jammed packed, apartments sky rocket, insurance agencies go loco, and native people have to move away because the city doesnt adjust as quickly as the influx of tourists.

Tourists...dont overstay your welcome
Quote:
Mind you, I already left Miami. I moved from there already so Im a couple steps ahead of your statement.

There hasnt been 1 person I've known in my life to visit Miami and not talk/want about moving down. Nothing wrong with liking it and wanting to move and so on...but look at the results of what happens. It starts falling apart.

I like Miami, I just dont like what has happened to it...

I'm trying to figure out exactly what "totality" means.

I NEVER knew that DFW was the same size as Alaska. WOW!!! Two things about Alaska I never knew: 1. You can see Russia from Alaska. 2. Alaska is the same size as DFW.

50 MILLION PEOPLE MOVE TO MIAMI IN ONE DAY!!! Do you think that the mayor of Miami can talk to Mayor Nagin about efficiently moving that many people on the highways in 1 day?

Mr. Urbane can now say he HAS met someone that HAS visited Miami and NOT had ANY desire to move there. Make that 4 (the whole family here). I know many more as well.

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 10-17-2008 at 11:29 AM.. Reason: No personal attacks folks! Discuss what is said... not who has said it!

Old 10-17-2008, 11:03 AM

2,394 posts, read 8,601,789 times
I've visited Miami and would not talk or want to move there. Congestion and humidity. No thanks. In fact, I didn't really like visiting the city. Now, when I went down into the keys - that's a little different. If it weren't for the humidity, I would be way more interested in living there. But, alas, the humidity doesn't seem to be moving out.

Old 10-17-2008, 11:45 AM

636 posts, read 1,917,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lh_newbie View Post
I've visited Miami and would not talk or want to move there.
Couldn't agree more with you and Mom on this one. Miami is one of the true s---holes in the United States. Wouldn't go back there on a bet. I truly felt like I was in some third world banana republic...

Old 10-17-2008, 02:45 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,192,873 times
Quote:

Palm trees really weren't grown here until recently. Now I see a lot of them. So I don't know how you have not seen ANY.

Colorful plant -- are you unfamiliar with crepe myrtles? They are everywhere.

Old 10-17-2008, 04:07 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,834,117 times
We had a professor at school that could always relate where a town was located, or why a town had as its major businesses, or even its natural flora and fauna to its geology. This is the case here. Dallas is in the Blackland Prairie. It only supports such life because of the soils derived from the underlying Austin Chalk and Eagle Ford Shale. You take a look at the old dallas aerial photos or even surface photos and it is just prairie.

Last edited by PanTerra; 10-17-2008 at 04:29 PM..

Old 10-17-2008, 04:14 PM

2,394 posts, read 8,601,789 times
That's it - we need to replace our soil. Let's get Tom Leppert on that. While you're at it - let's get some mountains and an ocean so we can make everyone happy. Can we install a giant outdoor thermostat, too?

Old 10-18-2008, 12:19 AM

12,498 posts, read 27,022,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tycobb2522 View Post
Single Family Home - 2001 Los Rios, Plano, TX, 75074 - Realtor.com (http://www.realtor.com/search/listingdetail.aspx?zp=75074&typ=1&sid=b509d244ea50 44cebe7decb80744fd6a&pg=7&lid=1103508024&lsn=66&sr cnt=140#Detail - broken link)

7 seconds on a popular real estate site proves, once again, the ignorance of your posts...

Of course, we shouldn't be surprised when one considers that this comes from a member who has suggested that other members are gay, and should go down to Oak Lawn for some "stiff drinks"... And we mustn't forget the all time jewel: "Flower Mound isn't Houston"...
Oh look whos back!

He even found me my 30 year old East Plano dream home with its 30 year old mature oak tree in the front lawn on the internets & I didn't even have to call my realtor!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas