Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2023, 08:09 AM

1,376 posts, read 1,082,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovepizza1975 View Post
I've seen a lot of Carrollton, less of Lewisville. I don't think I want to live in either one.

+10000 for trees. I'm a big fan of trees; I don't like new developments with twiggy little trees (if there are any at all). Some of the lots aren't even large enough to plant good trees without compromising foundations or underground utilities.

Some of those trees can be found up in parts of Highland Village, the Corinth/Hickory Creek area, and parts of Denton. I personally liked Highland Village better than Flower Mound. Corinth and Denton will be substantially less expensive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2023, 09:01 AM

674 posts, read 333,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard123 View Post
Some of those trees can be found up in parts of Highland Village, the Corinth/Hickory Creek area, and parts of Denton. I personally liked Highland Village better than Flower Mound. Corinth and Denton will be substantially less expensive.
Corinth and Denton are too far out for me.

Old 06-09-2023, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Corinth and Denton are too far out for me.

Then I don't know why you would even think about Flower Mound. Denton is much more urban and less "far out" than Flower Mound. Corinth is more in between.

Old 06-10-2023, 07:05 AM

58 posts, read 61,360 times
Quote:
I've seen a lot of Carrollton, less of Lewisville. I don't think I want to live in either one.

+10000 for trees. I'm a big fan of trees; I don't like new developments with twiggy little trees (if there are any at all). Some of the lots aren't even large enough to plant good trees without compromising foundations or underground utilities.
You'll love Shady Shores! Lots of trees, spread out feeling and great schools in the Ryan High feeder pattern. It's not too far away compared to FloMo.

Old 06-10-2023, 09:09 AM

5,827 posts, read 4,166,204 times
Quote:
Then I don't know why you would even think about Flower Mound. Denton is much more urban and less "far out" than Flower Mound. Corinth is more in between.
Leonard, I think you need to look at the map again. FloMo is much closer to both Fort Worth and Dallas than Denton and Corinth.

Old 06-10-2023, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wittgenstein's Ghost View Post
Leonard, I think you need to look at the map again. FloMo is much closer to both Fort Worth and Dallas than Denton and Corinth.

I was talking about the city itself. If "close in" meant close to Dallas or Fort Worth, then it would make far more sense to move to one of those cities.

Old 06-12-2023, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wittgenstein's Ghost View Post
Thanks Wittgenstein's Ghost, I was about to say the same thing myself.

I went to a few open houses over the weekend in Plano and it's utterly depressing looking at what $500k buys nowadays. One realtor excitedly showed us a house "recently upgraded" with builder grade gray carpet. The house was in serious need of a paint job in every room. Light bulbs were burned out everywhere. Paint & light bulbs are easy fixes, but every window without exception had a blown seal and needed to be replaced. Some were so badly fogged that they looked frosted. The house was built in the late 1990s and didn't have GFCI receptacles in the kitchen or the bathrooms.

The front yard sloped down towards the house (side yard too) and the house's backyard was too small for a shed. No covered areas anywhere.

The house itself was a 3-2 just a smidge over 2,000 square feet.

She expected the house to sell in the next 48 hours for over asking ($495k). She's probably right about that. Horrible. Just horrible.

We saw another in central Plano right next to the Haggard farm near Custer and Park. When I say "right next to the Haggard farm" I mean right there on a corner next to it. I have no objection to looking out my kitchen window and seeing llamas resting underneath trees (which is what was going on there that day). However, that farm won't be a farm forever. It might be 2 years or it might be 20 years but that land will be developed someday. God only knows what they'll put on it. The house itself had no lawn but the front yard was covered in who knows how many cubic yards of cheap rocks. It would probably have been cheaper to lay turf; rocks are kind of expensive, even the cheap ones, when you're talking about enough to cover an entire front yard of a corner lot. The fact that they didn't tells me that the sprinkler system is probably shot beyond repair. Having had one completely redone myself, I know that it's pretty damn expensive. So the flippers (HAD to be a flip house) covered the front yard with rocks instead. Awesome. Asking price for this house near Park & Custer right next to a farm-that-won't-be-a-farm-forever that backs up to Park Blvd itself: $600,000. We didn't even bother to get out of the car.

Old 06-12-2023, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Thanks Wittgenstein's Ghost, I was about to say the same thing myself.

I went to a few open houses over the weekend in Plano and it's utterly depressing looking at what $500k buys nowadays. One realtor excitedly showed us a house "recently upgraded" with builder grade gray carpet. The house was in serious need of a paint job in every room. Light bulbs were burned out everywhere. Paint & light bulbs are easy fixes, but every window without exception had a blown seal and needed to be replaced. Some were so badly fogged that they looked frosted. The house was built in the late 1990s and didn't have GFCI receptacles in the kitchen or the bathrooms.

The front yard sloped down towards the house (side yard too) and the house's backyard was too small for a shed. No covered areas anywhere.

The house itself was a 3-2 just a smidge over 2,000 square feet.

She expected the house to sell in the next 48 hours for over asking ($495k). She's probably right about that. Horrible. Just horrible.

We saw another in central Plano right next to the Haggard farm near Custer and Park. When I say "right next to the Haggard farm" I mean right there on a corner next to it. I have no objection to looking out my kitchen window and seeing llamas resting underneath trees (which is what was going on there that day). However, that farm won't be a farm forever. It might be 2 years or it might be 20 years but that land will be developed someday. God only knows what they'll put on it. The house itself had no lawn but the front yard was covered in who knows how many cubic yards of cheap rocks. It would probably have been cheaper to lay turf; rocks are kind of expensive, even the cheap ones, when you're talking about enough to cover an entire front yard of a corner lot. The fact that they didn't tells me that the sprinkler system is probably shot beyond repair. Having had one completely redone myself, I know that it's pretty damn expensive. So the flippers (HAD to be a flip house) covered the front yard with rocks instead. Awesome. Asking price for this house near Park & Custer right next to a farm-that-won't-be-a-farm-forever that backs up to Park Blvd itself: $600,000. We didn't even bother to get out of the car.
I would love to have a yard free of any grass! Our neighborhoods ought to start getting on board with zeroscaping.

If you want to be close to them, why not move to Dallas or Fort Worth?

I still sit back amazed at how cheap McKinney is compared to every city around it. Here in Stonebridge, nicely remodeled houses over 2000 square feet in the low $400s will sit there forever. You can't give them away. I don't get it.

Old 06-12-2023, 11:51 AM

Quote:
I would love to have a yard free of any grass! Our neighborhoods ought to start getting on board with zeroscaping.

If you want to be close to them, why not move to Dallas or Fort Worth?
Xeriscaping is one thing; a yard full of rocks is another. It looks barren and lifeless and since the front yard was very sunny it seems like it would be very hot as well.

Quote:
I still sit back amazed at how cheap McKinney is compared to every city around it. Here in Stonebridge, nicely remodeled houses over 2000 square feet in the low $400s will sit there forever. You can't give them away. I don't get it.
McKinney doesn't seem all that cheap when I look at listings online unless the houses are east of 75. I won't go east of 75 in Collin County at all.

I'm not seeing a lot of listings fitting that description in Stonebridge Ranch. If anything they seem overpriced for what they are.

Old 06-12-2023, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Xeriscaping is one thing; a yard full of rocks is another. It looks barren and lifeless and since the front yard was very sunny it seems like it would be very hot as well.

McKinney doesn't seem all that cheap when I look at listings online unless the houses are east of 75. I won't go east of 75 in Collin County at all.

I'm not seeing a lot of listings fitting that description in Stonebridge Ranch. If anything they seem overpriced for what they are.
Well, not far off anyway. These would have had multiple offers on day one had they been in any surrounding city including Plano.
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/8...57896627_zpid/
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/5...26644613_zpid/
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1...69649942_zpid/
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/5...26648291_zpid/
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/6...57357599_zpid/
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2...60308668_zpid/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas