Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will DFW top:
11 million 9 28.13%
14 million 20 62.50%
Some other amount 3 9.38%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2021, 08:33 AM

4,435 posts, read 6,306,275 times

Advertisements

Lots of room in all DFW counties to comfortably grow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2021, 08:52 AM

19,798 posts, read 18,093,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard123 View Post
That's talking about the past. I don't believe these patterns will continue. Too much has changed. That same news source also had a piece about declining birth rates. https://www.dallasnews.com/business/...bor-shortages/
No. It's talking about reality. Reality with never seems to mesh with your fancy.

Old 10-27-2021, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by np78 View Post
i mean, look at a map. The area from celina to anna/melissa has tons of development already underway. Those are the obvious areas where the dfw exurban sprawl will continue unabated, but you would be surprised at the level of infrastructure development underway in places like josephine. Beyond that type of land development there will be increasing density in places like plano and frisco which will offset the likely reduced household size over time.

Collin county is adding 30k per year right now. They will add 100k by 2025 easy.

Denton county has even more room.
+1.

Old 10-27-2021, 08:59 AM

5,614 posts, read 4,943,769 times
Not only vacant, but outdated / unproductive existing commercial development that could be converted to residential in Collin and all other counties. At least, as long as the California mindset that seems to be infecting Texas (or at least Austin and DFW) doesn't get local governments to prevent this and ruin our housing market.

Old 10-27-2021, 07:06 PM

1,381 posts, read 1,086,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
No. It's talking about reality. Reality with never seems to mesh with your fancy.
I don't have a "fancy" or any preferred outcome. I'm just stating my observations. None of us knows the future. We have different predictions and reasons for making those predictions. The articles were talking about trends and don't really negate my opinion. These supply chain issues are going to be a problem.

Looking at new housing developments, it's obvious they are getting much smaller, more remote, and fewer in number; and they're struggling to build much of anything. Good jobs and even basic neighborhood businesses like grocery stores are not being planned outside of areas that already have them and haven't in many many years. This trend doesn't seem likely to abate and more likely to worsen. Developers will not have many places for people to move, and what little they do have will be in terrible locations.

That's my opinion and best guess based on my observations of the present, of changes in society and the economy, and over 30 years living here. However, no one except God knows the future.

Old 10-27-2021, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard123 View Post
I don't have a "fancy" or any preferred outcome. I'm just stating my observations. None of us knows the future. We have different predictions and reasons for making those predictions. The articles were talking about trends and don't really negate my opinion. These supply chain issues are going to be a problem.

Looking at new housing developments, it's obvious they are getting much smaller, more remote, and fewer in number; and they're struggling to build much of anything. Good jobs and even basic neighborhood businesses like grocery stores are not being planned outside of areas that already have them and haven't in many many years. This trend doesn't seem likely to abate and more likely to worsen. Developers will not have many places for people to move, and what little they do have will be in terrible locations.

That's my opinion and best guess based on my observations of the present, of changes in society and the economy, and over 30 years living here. However, no one except God knows the future.
We don't need God to know your claim about Denton County and Collin County each being built out was false. There is no reasonable counter argument.

Your claim about CoCo's population growth will be proved false soon enough.

Old 10-28-2021, 11:45 AM

3,889 posts, read 2,204,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NP78 View Post
I mean, look at a map. The area from Celina to Anna/Melissa has tons of development already underway. Those are the obvious areas where the DFW exurban sprawl will continue unabated, but you would be surprised at the level of infrastructure development underway in places like Josephine. Beyond that type of land development there will be increasing density in places like Plano and Frisco which will offset the likely reduced household size over time.

Collin County is adding 30k per year right now. They will add 100k by 2025 easy.

Denton County has even more room.
Do you think Grayson County just north of Collin County will experience that same kind of growth that Celina is experiencing now?

Old 10-28-2021, 11:55 AM

5,614 posts, read 4,943,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Do you think Grayson County just north of Collin County will experience that same kind of growth that Celina is experiencing now?
My company did some study on this, and eventually, yes, parts of Grayson County will experience rapid residential development. There's a number of residential developments underway or planned in Howe and Van Alstyne now.

A real explosion of growth will happen probably only after a bunch of base employment growth (things like corporate HQ or manufacturing facilities as opposed to employment like retail and schools) happens in Collin County north of 380 or within Grayson County itself. That may be awhile, 10-15 years or more.

Old 10-28-2021, 05:02 PM

139 posts, read 113,537 times
My work estimates that DFW's population will grow to 8 million by 2025. I am looking forward to the future growth potential DFW has to offer.

Old 10-28-2021, 08:35 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,454,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorne View Post
My work estimates that DFW's population will grow to 8 million by 2025. I am looking forward to the future growth potential DFW has to offer.
We are at 8 million right now give or take.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas